Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,241 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I'll be visiting your great state in late September from Virginia, and after intensive research of various locations, I've decided I want to propose to my girlfriend at on this trip - most likely at Trillium Lake as it seems to be a beautiful location.

I have two questions

• Does the lake area get very busy? We'd be going on a weekday, early afternoon.

• I'd like to find a more private area to do this, but with a nice view. Any suggestions on a specific location at the lake? A longer walk is not out of the question for this, I just won't exactly have a way to scope out the area beforehand so local advice would be amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 06:27 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Trillium Lake has some very beautiful scenery...

Some of the good folks from oregonfishingforum have been getting together to camp & fish, have some fun together, for the past several years, at Trillium. They fish from shore or go out in kayaks, canoe, pontoon boat, rowboats, etc. They have a campfire, have some drinks, tell some stories, etc...

Best of Luck to you & your Lady. Have a Wonderful time.

Congratulations, have many beautiful years together....

Oregon Fishing Forum

Old 07-17-2015, 10:38 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,299,955 times
Proposing on a boat in the middle of the lake would be romantic.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:03 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
If you do, wear a 'personal floatation device', PFD... For Safety. Many lives have been lost which could have been saved by wearing a PFD.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...atation+device

Old 07-18-2015, 12:50 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
what Hawk said and good luck!

Old 07-21-2015, 01:14 PM

780 posts, read 1,576,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orevaca View Post
Hey everyone!

I'll be visiting your great state in late September from Virginia, and after intensive research of various locations, I've decided I want to propose to my girlfriend at on this trip - most likely at Trillium Lake as it seems to be a beautiful location.

I have two questions

• Does the lake area get very busy? We'd be going on a weekday, early afternoon.

• I'd like to find a more private area to do this, but with a nice view. Any suggestions on a specific location at the lake? A longer walk is not out of the question for this, I just won't exactly have a way to scope out the area beforehand so local advice would be amazing.
If you are going in September during a weekday, there will be very few people there. That's well after tourist season, so Trillium only gets somewhat busy on the weekends from Portlanders. It should be rather peaceful. However, don't expect Hood to have a whole lot of snow left, although it'll still be pretty - hopefully the weather cooperates!!!!

The dock, near the boat ramp in the day use area, is a fairly good place if there is no one there. I would recommend having your back to Mt. Hood when you propose, so it's a "perfect" setting for her.

And I'm guessing that Hawk means an inflatable type pontoon boat. Don't think motors are allowed there, and I couldn't imagine someone having something that big up there, anyways.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:37 PM

400 posts, read 414,086 times
Let us know what she says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon