Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 05:03 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times

Advertisements

The weather is gorgeous along the Oregon Coast right now. Its sunny beach weather, very light fog in the early morning that burns off early. The ocean is calm and the fishing boats are out.

But don't come without reservations. No vacancy signs are up on all the hotel's and campground full signs are every where
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 05:58 PM

586 posts, read 831,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The weather is gorgeous along the Oregon Coast right now. Its sunny beach weather, very light fog in the early morning that burns off early. The ocean is calm and the fishing boats are out.

But don't come without reservations. No vacancy signs are up on all the hotel's and campground full signs are every where
I really, really, really, want to go at least once this summer! We even said how we couldnt wait to go. However, the husband has had a change of mind and is refusing to go ever since coming across the stupid earthquake article. I think my children will grow up not knowing what the Oregon beaches looks like. We took them last summer and it was a ton of fun, but my youngest was only 2 months old at the time.

I just quoted your post to my husband on facebook messenger to my husband and said "we are missing out" lol

Old 07-19-2015, 07:27 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
There are clearly marked tsunami zones and tsunami escape routes. Just stay in a motel that is above the tsunami zone. Elevation goes up quickly on the coast. It's easy to get above the flood line. Some of the best views are from cliff tops. Water will not get that high.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:00 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There are clearly marked tsunami zones and tsunami escape routes. Just stay in a motel that is above the tsunami zone. Elevation goes up quickly on the coast. It's easy to get above the flood line. Some of the best views are from cliff tops. Water will not get that high.
There are maps to help with that too.

Tsunami Evacuation Route Maps

Old 07-19-2015, 09:08 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
It was cloudy here yesterday until around 5pm, then it was sunny. Today was gloriously perfect. Clear skies all day long, in the 70's and with a light breeze. The beaches were packed! Lots of RVs and campers and trailers parked all up and down Highway 101. Even still, there was still lots of space on the beaches. Wasn't crowded at all. Or at least not relative to what I was used to at, say Santa Cruz.

What a perfect, perfect day!

Old 07-20-2015, 05:56 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,925,932 times
We were there all last week, didn't find it crowded but we were not able to get RV spots at every place we looked. Of course we went during the week.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 PM

122 posts, read 193,510 times
We just drove from Longview/Kelso (yuck, what were we thinking?) to the West. Stayed in Long Beach, Washington.
I don't know if I embedded the photo of the unfiltered, unedited sunset in LB but man...NICEST sunset ever.

Drove from LB to Tillamook and toodled around Astoria (small coffee stand called "Kick *** coffee) It's really good coffee. Stopped in Seaside to feel the touristy vibe and what jobs and housing felt like and kept doing this process in each little coastal town til we hit Tillamook~then cut across the woods and headed home to Dallas.

The weather is wonderful. People are out in droves and enjoying the sunshine and the ice cream and the summer on the coast.

It's been wonderful...just ...sublime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon