Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:38 PM

672 posts, read 810,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
No need to be so defensive. No one called you a liar. The narrator harped an awful lot about how the local community members sent the pizza, and I'm not sure I believe it, especially if Pete Santilli is involved.

I don't think I'm interested in going to find the other livestreams. I'm sure some people have brought them food -- never said they didn't. But from what I've observed (I live in Eastern Oregon) local support isn't nearly what they're trying to claim.

By the way, there's some mumbling later on in the video that sounds an awful lot like "I brought 15 pizzas, 15 salads...." It's kind of hard to hear, but I listened to it several times. 14.04
Hey look, I just stated what I watched that night. You and several others stated that you doubt the "50 pizzas" story. So I did what I could to back it up. That's all I really have to say about it. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
Hey look, I just stated what I watched that night. You and several others stated that you doubt the "50 pizzas" story. So I did what I could to back it up. That's all I really have to say about it. Thanks.
Just to be clear, no one's calling you a liar. But these guys at the refuge have been caught in so many lies that it would not surprise me a bit if they lied about the amount of pizza to make it seem as if they had more community support than they actually do. And I'm pretty sure that the guys said "15 pizzas" later on in the video, so I still disbelieve the 50 pizzas story, but that's not because of you.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:51 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
White privilege in America.

You can use arms to take over a government building. You can threaten to kill government agents. You won’t get arrested. You will get all the free pizza you can eat.

Only in America.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Just to be clear, no one's calling you a liar. But these guys at the refuge have been caught in so many lies that it would not surprise me a bit if they lied about the amount of pizza to make it seem as if they had more community support than they actually do. And I'm pretty sure that the guys said "15 pizzas" later on in the video, so I still disbelieve the 50 pizzas story, but that's not because of you.
What difference does it make, how many pizzas were delivered? If there were 49 pizzas there, what difference does it make?

Old 01-08-2016, 01:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
What difference does it make, how many pizzas were delivered? If there were 49 pizzas there, what difference does it make?
Sure it makes a difference. 50 pizzas is a lot more impressive than 15 or 7. If they lied about the amount to make it seem that they have more local support than they actually do, it matters. Kind of like the same difference between one local dropping off a few hamburgers and the majority of the community dropping in with hot meals on a regular basis. The way the narrator goes on and on about "50 pizzas from the local community" and then goes on later to mumble something about "15 pizzas, salads" is...well, it indicates that something's not on the up and up with that video. Because they've lied about so many other things, it wouldn't surprise me if Pete Santilli hadn't bought the pizza himself.

They want to give the impression that the community is completely supportive of their actions. I guess it's easy to buy into that from a distance.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:04 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,391,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
White privilege in America.

You can use arms to take over a government building. You can threaten to kill government agents. You won’t get arrested. You will get all the free pizza you can eat.

Only in America.
Sounds like a small scale version of the Union guys in Madison:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/26/us...ison.html?_r=0

Back to you man point, a significant majority of the protestors in Madison also appeared to be white as well.

Last edited by Cryptic; 01-08-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 02:04 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
50 pizzas means somebody has a bankroll. That's $1000 worth of pizza.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
50 pizzas means somebody has a bankroll. That's $1000 worth of pizza.
This is a big operation going on. It’s a lot more then just 50 pizzas. It’s an endless supply of pizza. They stream it live to their supporters all over the country. Their supporters call up the local pizza place and use their credit card to have the pizza delivered to a local hotel. Once the pizzas arrive at the hotel the militia guys staying there, throw them into SUVs and race them out to the refuge, so everybody there can have an endless supply of fresh hot pizza, and the Sheriff is supporting all of this, contrary to what he says to the media.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 01-08-2016 at 03:41 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Sounds like a small scale version of the Union guys in Madison:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/26/us...ison.html?_r=0

Back to you man point, a significant majority of the protestors in Madison also appeared to be white as well.
At least they are supporting the local pizza economy.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:57 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,088 times
So now there's another militia group, 3 percenters from Idaho that have taken a position around the perimeter.

Oregon standoff: Idaho group arrives to 'secure perimeter, prevent Waco-style situation' | OregonLive.com

Hasn't this gone far enough? Geez, just arrest them already. How does the sheriff go out to shake hands for a friendly handshake and chat and then just let Bundy waltz back to their illegally occupied site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon