U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,383 times

Advertisements

Is there any place in the Portland/Salem area where kids can get their haircut in a fun, friendly, childlike atmosphere? There are some places in southern California that have cars and planes for kids to sit in while they are getting their hair cut, anything like that around here?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 04:52 AM

14 posts, read 57,328 times
There was a place on Hawthorne at about 41st that had an airplane or fire truck for my son to sit in for a haircut, but he was about 6 then and just turned 18 so I don't know if it's still there or has that amenity. it's worth checking out because he loved it at the time.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 AM

15,166 posts, read 37,779,484 times
I am not aware of anyplace in Salem that has that. There are some places that have tv's and videos for kids though here in Salem.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 AM

4 posts, read 26,996 times
Default New Place in Wilsonville

This is not going to help you today but I know the owners of a new kids salon going in in Wilsonville. They are opening it in June sometime and it sounds like it will be the kind of place you are looking for... I know we are looking forward to trying it out! Name is Whipper-Snippers.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:07 AM

Default Whipper-Snippers

The place I mentioned some time ago in Wilsonville is open now and was really cute! They are just getting going but it was bright and fun and my girls had a great haircut. The cuts were $17 each and the girls said they want to go back. They got sparkles and there were movies to watch and a cool play structure to hang out on while we waited.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,403 times
Default Ok, my son thought the one in Wilsonville was cool, so we are happy!

I know this isn't a new post but I wanted to add my two cents because it is because of this post that we tried the Whipper Snipper kids place in Wilsonville. I had seen this post, and we live near Wilsonville. I made an appointment for my daughter and she was getting her hair cut, and my son decided while we waited that he would get his done too, which was a huge thing because he is a teenager and his hair is SUPER important to his "look". The fit him in, and he loved playing video games (PS2 I think? I can't keep the systems straight), and he thought that was too cool. And he loved his haircut, and his dad was very very very glad he finally cut his hair! The shop itself was really cute and is great for little ones, but my kids both want to go back, and they're in Jr. high. Thanks to whoever rec'd it!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:21 AM

6,413 posts, read 11,474,946 times
Kid's Castle Cuts (scroll down) in Beaverton.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 PM

whipper snippers now does color for my hair too. I love this! Now we can all see the same stylist-- who I LOVE for our cuts. I don't think they used to do color, or at least I wasn't aware of it if they did. Makes a great place even better. Two thumbs up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon