Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:02 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times

Advertisements

Note the fact that gas stations with higher prices rarely have lines in OR or elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 01:05 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
This reminds me of the time that I started a fill at a service station in Montana and went in to use the restroom. When I came back out, there was about 25 gallons of gasoline on the ground under my car. Not only was the auto shutoff defective, but I ended up having to pay for 40 gallons of gas in my 15 gallon tank.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 PM

497 posts, read 484,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
This reminds me of the time that I started a fill at a service station in Montana and went in to use the restroom. When I came back out, there was about 25 gallons of gasoline on the ground under my car. Not only was the auto shutoff defective, but I ended up having to pay for 40 gallons of gas in my 15 gallon tank.
If it had been here you would have likely lost some gas before an attendant realized what was going on. Though it's doubtful it would have been anywhere near 25 gallons.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:56 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
If it had been here you would have likely lost some gas before an attendant realized what was going on. Though it's doubtful it would have been anywhere near 25 gallons.
If there had been an attendant they would have blocked off that pump until it was repaired.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:54 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
No, please don't. Oregon already has enough outsiders with control issues working hard to change Oregon to the state they fled because they couldn't stand it there any more.

If you don't like it, don't move here.
Having the same issue in Washington... myself and neighbors are very much live and let live and respectful...

We have new out of State neighbors that moved in and they call the county for everything... didn't like my neighbors old tractor sitting outside... the dad started to work on it and then got sick... so it's in their yard... they also don't like the gravel road and want it paved for about 60 grand... we like the gravel road and all take care of it... I buy a couple of yards of rock for potholes... another neighbor will blade it and life is good.

Doesn't bother me in the least if someone has several not running cars on their rural Washington Property...

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 02-07-2017 at 07:28 AM..

Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Story in the news today. Looks like there is a legislative effort to expand pump your own in Oregon, in rural counties.
Pump your own: Lawmakers consider expanding self-serve gas in Oregon | KATU

Old 02-07-2017, 03:02 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
That's pretty funny actually. How is waiting for an attendant to ask me what I want, start pump & then wait for them to come back when its finished equate to shorter wait times? Every time I go up to Washington and I need gas I'm in and out with zero wait time. Other than the time it takes for the gas to go into my tank.

How does having to pay people to pump gas result in lower gas prices? (Vancouver currently within a few cents of Salem)
How does waiting for someone to go inside and pay for their gas, then come back out and pump their gas, then go back inside to get their change, save any time, compared to the one second it takes for the attendant to ask how much gas they want? And just hope the person in front of you is not some girl who doesn't know where her gas tank release switch is.

As for your second question. It doesn't matter how it results in lower prices, it just does. Gas prices are over 30¢ cheaper in Oregon, then Washington or California. That's a fact. Deal with it. The problem with your logic, is that you are falsely assuming that firing tens of thousands of workers, will somehow result in lower prices. Like the oil companies will be so appreciative if you vote to fire their employees, that they will reward you with lower gas prices. Reaganomics of the 1980s, proved that It doesn't work that way. The corporations will just put the cost savings in their own pockets. Then they will raise gas prices to make up for the tens of thousands of newly unemployed workers, who won't be buying gas.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:09 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Story in the news today. Looks like there is a legislative effort to expand pump your own in Oregon, in rural counties.
Pump your own: Lawmakers consider expanding self-serve gas in Oregon | KATU
Great. I guess they think the unemployment rate is too low in rural counties.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:33 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Gas is so expensive in Calif. because of high gas taxes, A special blend only in Calif. and they can't import gas from any other state because of this and not enough refineries. And we all know what party put in all these reasons for expensive gas.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:51 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Gas is so expensive in Calif. because of high gas taxes, A special blend only in Calif. and they can't import gas from any other state because of this and not enough refineries. And we all know what party put in all these reasons for expensive gas.
You STILL have some of the cheapest priced gas on the planet AND you can breath fresher air AND safer roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon