Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 661 times

Advertisements

I was let go from my job for my register being OVER. First off let me tell you that this company is ''Write Up Happy" I never was even talked to about this issue and someone else was on my register at the time of the write up. I have applied for unemployment benefits and did so on 1/22/17. I just call and they told me that a adjudicator was assigned to my case yesterday. Now the question I have is what do you think the odds are of me receiving benefits based on the fact that my till was over and I was fired because I got to write ups for this? And also everybody that works there is on their final write-up. I was there for a month and I saw one lady that's never been written up in her life get 10 write-ups, they do not warn people they write up on the first mistake and then fire you on the 3rd. And there is also a BOLI case against them for making people stay off the clock. I have done my weekly claims, I keep getting letters stating that they cannot pay me because they're trying to resolve an issue and it was explained to me that this is normal and if I was approved I get paid for those weeks, but some people are saying that I will not receive the benefits cuz I went against company policy or something like that so any information would be greatly appreciated. One more thing it's funny everybody that has right up there is for there till either being short or over. People make mistakes...it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 PM

812 posts, read 1,063,462 times
I was fired from a job in WA, after being put on probation for one day, for trumped up reasons , even though I was meeting the impossible goals in the "corrective action plan". Oddly enough, they fired every senior person on staff for the same reason, within a month, but declared it was not age discrimination.

Not sure if its the same in Oregon, but when I applied for Unemployment, the company contested it, which put it into investigation and "review", locking up my UI payment for 8 weeks for "processing" the allegations.

The clincher for them to push it through finally (after 2 months delay) was that I politely argued my case, showing that I was doing the work to the best of my abilities. Make sure you use spell check on anything you send to the UI office.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 AM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times
Most likely, no one here knows whether or not you will get unemployment. The person to ask is your case worker at the unemployment office.

You could go and pay a psychic to tell you, but I suspect that would be a waste of money.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,469,947 times
No one can tell you if you have a case just by your story. Just tell the adjudicator your side when your case is being heard And hope for the best. Whether or not the adjudicator would take into consideration anyone else's situation really is up to them but personally I would not bring it up as a defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon