Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 11:07 AM

10 posts, read 14,257 times

Advertisements

There is a possibility my husband will get a promotion in Hebo Oregon and we will relocate. Are there any communities within a commutable distance you can recommend? What about hospitals? I am a RN so I would like to find a couple of hospitals within a commutable distance to work at. We like small communities, where we can garden. No kids, so schools aren't an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 11:53 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merasyph View Post
There is a possibility my husband will get a promotion in Hebo Oregon and we will relocate. Are there any communities within a commutable distance you can recommend? What about hospitals? I am a RN so I would like to find a couple of hospitals within a commutable distance to work at. We like small communities, where we can garden. No kids, so schools aren't an issue.
Wow, it looks like your husband just got transferred to the middle of nowhere. Tillamook is 30 minutes north. Lincoln City is 45 minutes south. Traffic and construction could easily add 20 minutes to those commutes. You shouldn't have a problem finding work in a hospital in either city. But you might have to wait for a job opening.

You might also want to consider living in Tillamook and having husband commute to Hebo.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:05 PM

10 posts, read 14,257 times
Will finding affordable rentals be an issue? I'm kind of excited to be in a small community again - we are currently in a city and hate it. I hate having all the shopping, traffic, people, etc on top of us. I'm a country girl, used to gardening, canning, etc. I want to be able to let my animals out without worrying that someone is going to steal them for a dog fighting ring (going on in our city) or druggies are going to put needles in the gas pumps (again, going on in our city).

Old 08-27-2017, 12:13 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,785 times
we stayed a few days in a little house in Pacific city- very close to Hebo- its a really cute little town, walkable and quiet - I don't know what long term rentals would cost (maybe you could call one of the Agencies in town, I can't remember which we used, it was an AirBnB rental but used a realty agency right off the main road past Pelican Pub and Brewery)-
definitely check out that town!

Old 08-27-2017, 12:38 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Pacific City (Moms beach home, now sister's permanent home. Retired RN). If you can find something on Mc-hill would be nice. Other hills are OK just not as walkable but they are newer homes. Stay off the lowlands and not on the first sand dune row of homes.

Depends on your budget.
You shouldnt have too much problem in finding a coastal rental of up to 9 months.
Commutable distance from Dallas, in the Valley.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:53 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
I had a friend once who lived in Beaver. It was a lovely little community, but very small and rural. Rents inland should be very reasonable, by Oregon standards. Everyone wants to be closer to the ocean. Cloverdale is another option, on the Lincoln City side. If you are really rural you know that half an hour to get somewhere is not a big deal. It takes people in cities that long to get somewhere, but because it is geographically close they don't think it is a long commute.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:30 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
Quote:
I am a RN so I would like to find a couple of hospitals within a commutable distance to work at.
My wife's fathers family is from Hebo.
Lots of loggers, dairy farmers, tourists in the summer.

You might contact the local volunteer fire departments (Nestucca Rural Fire Protection District) and ask around.
They are a good bunch.
Might not turn into anything, but it's a good way to start relationships in a small town and area like this.

http://www.nrfpd.com/

Also, Sand Lake and the Boy Scout camp are not to far away.
Because of the nature of activities at Sand Lake, they are always looking for qualified first responders, and the BSA camp might need a seasonal or on call nurse.....you never know.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:56 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
BTW, Lincoln City has a small hospital and Tillamook has a "Regional Medical Center".

https://www.adventisthealth.org/trmc...rtunities.aspx

https://www.samhealth.org/find-a-loc...ncoln-hospital

If you don't mind the drive..............There Ya Go............

Also, Traffic is the worst on summer weekends because of the tourists.
You get a mix of day trippers from Portland, out of state RVers, and cyclists on narrow two lane highways.
It does get really congested through there sometimes, with no real "shortcuts".

If you work oddly timed shifts, and it's not summer, traffic will be pretty much local traffic, and not bad at all unless the weather sucks.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:16 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
Default explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merasyph View Post
Will finding affordable rentals be an issue? I'm kind of excited to be in a small community again - we are currently in a city and hate it. I hate having all the shopping, traffic, people, etc on top of us. I'm a country girl, used to gardening, canning, etc. I want to be able to let my animals out without worrying that someone is going to steal them for a dog fighting ring (going on in our city) or druggies are going to put needles in the gas pumps (again, going on in our city).
Why do they do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon