Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2017, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,466 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I have read as many of the other Klamath Falls threads as I could find but I didn't find the answer to this:

What is the difference between Klamath Forest Estates (KFE) and Klamath Falls Forest Estates (KFFE)?

Is one better than the other?

Is one easier/better to build in?

I can't seem to understand the difference. One seems to be located in the Sprague River area. Is that correct?

Yes I read the other threads about how terrible everything is please don't use this to tell me how I should run away. The use of the land I am researching to buy through the Tax sales (Because this seems logical/cheaper to me) will mostly be used for summer time weekend camp trips but I may be interested in development.

I'd love to have a talk about the difference and any other advice (please not all negative) about this area.

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 5,971 times
Better or worse depends on what you're looking for.
KFE is north of Sprague River, that's correct. I want to say that over all the terrain there is flatter, but not in all of the lots, so make sure you're looking at the topo for your actual lot. Average well depth will be less here than in KFFE. This one is closer to Chiloquin, farther from Klamath Falls.
KFFE is closer to Klamath Falls, but gets more snow as its higher elevation. Well depth can be pretty deep. Avoid the lots directly around Bly mountain, sometimes they can't get to water at all.
While both areas would be considered forested, I'd say there are typically more trees per acre in KFFE than in KFE.
Better to build is going to depend on the lot you pick. Both areas have some lots that are great and some lots that would be a headache to build on. Both areas have power on the main roads, but whether or not there is power on the road you pick may depend on whether a neighbor has already extended the line.
There is also the KFFE Sycan unit, North of Bly and Betty, more than two hours from Klamath Falls. Best to look at the lots, and drive around to look at them.
Noticing your post is from 2017, did you end up bidding on anything?

Old 08-26-2019, 11:44 AM

218 posts, read 244,355 times
Pretty much what Neighbor2theNorth said is spot on.

I'll add that now days you need a building permit for anything over 200 sqft. Also DEQ approval for a septic. I lived out there for a long time Bly Mtn area, guess I was one of the first, built my own home before power came in. Wells are iffy especially on the west side of Hwy 140 near the summit. You'll probably haul water. Better have a good 4x4 vehicle. The reports I get from some of my old friends who still live up there tell me the areas gone to pot, it's not a joke. Growers come up thinking they can make money growing pot, some squat on vacant land and leave it trashed. Some get busted by the Cops. Crime has gone up, used to be able to leave your door unlocked, not any more. Glad we moved before it got any worse. People come up there looking for a cheap place to live, many are not prepared for the winters, they can be HARD. Many leave because the conditions aren't favorable to their lifestyle. The fantasy of living in the woods fades fast. If you plan to move there be sure to have the resources you need to make it worth your trouble.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 5,971 times
If you plan to move there be sure to have the resources you need to make it worth your trouble.

Couldn't agree more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: