Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 07:10 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
It's all location. Nobody is going to drive half an hour for a burger, then wait 15 minutes for it to be cooked. In 'n Out also is very narrowly focused. Burgers, fries and drinks are their only product. In Grants Pass they are right next to Carl's Jr., but I don't order burgers at Carl's Jr., I order their taco salad, which is pretty good. If it gets to be dinner time and I'm on the road with the dogs, I feed them chicken mcnuggets. I happened to have a mini dacshund with me at In 'N Out, and was very pleased that they didn't salt the fries. The dog got half of them. It saved me driving to MickeyD's for mcnuggets.

Just about any fast food joint is just one step above dog food, and I wouldn't feed my dogs on a steady diet of it.
LOL, at least once a month I drive an hour and 15 minutes for a burger, and then wait 15 minutes for to be cooked. But I do have the time. I realize not everybody does. Of course the burger I get, is a lot better than fast food quality. I agree with your last statement.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
It's all location. Nobody is going to drive half an hour for a burger, then wait 15 minutes for it to be cooked. In 'n Out also is very narrowly focused. Burgers, fries and drinks are their only product. In Grants Pass they are right next to Carl's Jr., but I don't order burgers at Carl's Jr., I order their taco salad, which is pretty good. If it gets to be dinner time and I'm on the road with the dogs, I feed them chicken mcnuggets. I happened to have a mini dacshund with me at In 'N Out, and was very pleased that they didn't salt the fries. The dog got half of them. It saved me driving to MickeyD's for mcnuggets.

Just about any fast food joint is just one step above dog food, and I wouldn't feed my dogs on a steady diet of it.

Rep + one that's some truth serum....

Old 04-28-2018, 02:49 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
I would drive a half hour for an In-N-Out Burger!
I don't like Burgerville.
The only other fast-food burger that I like is Carl's Jr's 1/2 lb burger.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:21 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I would drive a half hour for an In-N-Out Burger!
I don't like Burgerville.
The only other fast-food burger that I like is Carl's Jr's 1/2 lb burger.
I love In and Out. Carl's is a close second (Big Carl). They have a great system. I would consider working for them in retirement. Just need them to move a little further north.......

Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
It's extremely interesting how everyone likes something different.
I love In-N-Out and have NEVER had a bad experience at one.
I have other favorites too.

This last weekend we were up in Washington State and were told to give Dick's, Pick Quick and Red Mill a try be people who love those places.

Pick Quick was ok but nothing special.
Dick's I didn't like at all.
Didn't make it to Red Mill.

However, we did have an AWESOME burger at The Brick in Roslyn, Washington and what was even better than the burger, was their Rosemary Fries.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
A 2nd location soon to open in Grants Pass, just a half hour north of their Medford location.

Oregon's second In-N-Out Burger is probably opening on Friday | OregonLive.com

Is this an effort to move up I-5 into Eugene, and eventually Salem and Portland? They seem to still be in a slow 'n go effort.

Personally, I have lost my desire for In 'n Out. As I have aged their burgers don't have the same appeal that they once did. And since they don't offer anything but Burgers and Fries, it is not for me anymore. But that is just me. I realize they remain extremely popular.
When will they come to Washington state....we could use one in Tri Cities. I agree that I have lost my desire for this type of food but my kids love it.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:54 PM

218 posts, read 244,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
A 2nd location soon to open in Grants Pass, just a half hour north of their Medford location.

Oregon's second In-N-Out Burger is probably opening on Friday | OregonLive.com

Is this an effort to move up I-5 into Eugene, and eventually Salem and Portland? They seem to still be in a slow 'n go effort.

Personally, I have lost my desire for In 'n Out. As I have aged their burgers don't have the same appeal that they once did. And since they don't offer anything but Burgers and Fries, it is not for me anymore. But that is just me. I realize they remain extremely popular.
Just another fast food joint. Nothing special to me, tried them once in Ca, food was okay, probably the same here. I'd rather go to a better restaurand and pay about the same for better food and service. But if they bring new jobs to the area, thats a plus.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,736 times
Just tried Burgerville Tillamook burger, for the first time in a BV. Burger was similar to Wendy's, so I'll give it a B. Fries cooked well, and were hot, but they'd been sitting awhile...C. Raspberry tea was good.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:44 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Just tried Burgerville Tillamook burger, for the first time in a BV. Burger was similar to Wendy's, so I'll give it a B. Fries cooked well, and were hot, but they'd been sitting awhile...C. Raspberry tea was good.
I tried a Wendy's burger a while back, and they have really improved. I tried Wendy's 30 years ago, and was served a microwaved mess that was completely inedible. Their current offering is much improved. I had a similarly revolting experience at Sonic when they opened a local store about five years ago. The burger was right down there with the worst I have ever declined to eat. Maybe they have gotten better, but I may never give them a second chance.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:17 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Default In-and-Out Burger in Oregon

It looks like In-and-Out is finally moving to northern Oregon to a town called Keizer. I have no idea why they picked that location. Its sort of a mystery but an interesting place to select for their PNW expansion.

Northernmost In-N-Out under construction at Keizer Station along I-5

I'm actually in Monterey, CA now on business and stopped by there tonight at ~ 8PM just for kicks. Well the place was packed! They have a serious cult following and its wildly popular. I remember when it first opened in Monterey and the lines were so long it was backing up traffic for blocks. The police had to come out just to direct traffic.

What do you guys think of In-and-Out? Have any of you tried it? I'll be honest as a CA native, I've always felt it was over-hyped and over-rated? But when wanting something fast and I'm in CA, I would much rather eat there than another fast food hamburger joint. I wonder if it will catch on in the PNW like it has elsewhere? Or maybe it will just be another fast food hamburger place? Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along...!

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 10-06-2019 at 11:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon