Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 12:15 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What's so special about this In and Out stuff? I won't be trying it myself because I don't eat "burgers" and there is no way I'd stand in line for fast food.
Great marketing, but they have a very focused business model. Burgers and fries is all they sell. I made a burger last night that was better than any fast food product. The meat was seasoned before it was cooked, the bun was warm and toasted, the pickle was home fermented dill, the tomatoes and lettuce were fresh, and the mayo had minced onion in it.

I know how to make a burger, even if some corporate bean counter doesn't.

I need to order more canned smoked coho from Wildfish. I ran out, and it's not even Christmas. Wow, you're selling out? There was still Coho left, though. Merry Christmas to me.

Old 12-16-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Nothing really. They were around Texas when I lived there. Very limited menu of burgers, shakes, sodas and fries. They are obsessive about using fresh beef. But it's your basic thin fast food burger with soft buns. Very 1950s-ish menu. After the initial buzz and novelty dies off they are just another fast food chain, just a little fancier than the lower end ones like McDonalds. They are from CA so all the CA transplants here in the NW get all obsessed because everything is always better from CA.

There are certain chains that seem to be able to generate this sort of buzz when they expand into a new area. Chic fil-A is another example. And from the east coat, Shake Shack. Mainly because they very carefully and slowly expand to generate scarcity on purpose.

A few years ago the big buzz was all about Five-Guys Burgers when they came to the Northwest. And I remember a big buzz when Sonic came here too. Now who pays attention to Sonic?
If you are from the PNW, you go to Burgerville USA for a decent fast food burger. There aren't many in Oregon, and none south of Albany or Corvallis. There used to be one in Salem, but the city bulldozed it as a street project, so Burgerville said, "*********," and never came back.

Burgerville uses the same fresh food model as In and Out, but has a full service menu. Californians have never heard of it.

https://order.burgerville.com/locations/or

Old 12-16-2019, 12:37 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Great marketing, but they have a very focused business model. Burgers and fries is all they sell. I made a burger last night that was better than any fast food product. The meat was seasoned before it was cooked, the bun was warm and toasted, the pickle was home fermented dill, the tomatoes and lettuce were fresh, and the mayo had minced onion in it.

I know how to make a burger, even if some corporate bean counter doesn't.

I need to order more canned smoked coho from Wildfish. I ran out, and it's not even Christmas. Wow, you're selling out? There was still Coho left, though. Merry Christmas to me.
Yes, sold out of all the king already. That's what I make my burgers out of. I kept back enough to make pate for Jan. 17.

Old 12-16-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, sold out of all the king already. That's what I make my burgers out of. I kept back enough to make pate for Jan. 17.
I'll see you there.

Old 12-16-2019, 02:58 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
Quote:
If you are from the PNW, you go to Burgerville USA for a decent fast food burger. There aren't many in Oregon, and none south of Albany or Corvallis. There used to be one in Salem, but the city bulldozed it as a street project, so Burgerville said, "*********," and never came back.

Burgerville uses the same fresh food model as In and Out, but has a full service menu. Californians have never heard of it.

Burgerville is very expensive and very over-rated.

On the other hand, their milkshakes can be the best!

Old 12-16-2019, 05:09 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I've bought burgers at In-N-Out in Grants Pass twice since they have opened. It only took about 15 minutes to drive through & get my order.
The burgers at Aunt Mary's in Sunny Valley were much tastier/delicious. But, Mary sold out & retired.
For a fast food burger In-N-Out tastes pretty good to me. I wouldn't say it's the best...

Old 12-16-2019, 05:59 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
Quote:
If you are from the PNW, you go to Burgerville USA for a decent fast food burger.

I was born and raised in Oregon and besides when I was in the military, have lived here my whole life.

I drive by a couple Burgervilles 3 or 4 times a week and don't stop because I don't care for their product and when I have stopped, their customer service has lacked greatly.

However, every time I have went to an In-N-Out in Arizona, California or Nevada, the food has always been very good (for fast food) and the service outstanding.

Hopefully In-N-Out keeps moving north.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:53 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Also not a big fan of Burgerville. When I lived in Eugene there were none there, so my only experience was driving up to Seattle stopping occasionally in Salem, Portland, and the furthest north location, Centralia, WA. Average burger IMO, nothing to go out of the way for. Even in more recent years, the location in The Dalles, OR was OK, but not memorable.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:59 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
In N Out is pretty good and has the customer service to boot. I think the hate for it is really a proxy of the California hate. If it was from any other state, it would be welcomed with open arms. For what it is worth, I am certainly no fan of California and would never move back.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:55 PM

206 posts, read 186,310 times
Two years and they haven't come any further North!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon