Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 03:11 PM

44 posts, read 35,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
This is what annoys the heck out of me about partisan politics. If you are a right-wing partisan, ALL of the protesters are anti-fa rioters, ignoring the tens of thousands of completely peaceful protesters. If you are a left-wing partisan, ALL of Trump's supporters are racist homophobes, ignoring the people who voted for Trump because the trade agreements shuttering factories and destroying communities.

The world is nowhere near that black-and-white.
Just to clarify, the post I made that sparked this "conversation" had nothing to do with Trump. Count back. He wasn't even a serious possibility for president then.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:11 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
This is what annoys the heck out of me about partisan politics. If you are a right-wing partisan, ALL of the protesters are anti-fa rioters, ignoring the tens of thousands of completely peaceful protesters. If you are a left-wing partisan, ALL of Trump's supporters are racist homophobes, ignoring the people who voted for Trump because the trade agreements shuttering factories and destroying communities.

The world is nowhere near that black-and-white.
Now this I can agree with. But isn't this what the original attackers were doing with the Roseburg demonstrators? Lumping them all in with the few racist extremists who were also there?

Old 02-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Now this I can agree with. But isn't this what the original attackers were doing with the Roseburg demonstrators? Lumping them all in with the few racist extremists who were also there?
This "original attacker" was giving a personal opinion on why I wouldn't live in that area again that the OP was free to make what he/she wished of. That's what this forum is for -- so that those considering relocation options can get these kind of personal opinions. It's sweet of you to defend Roseburg, especially since you've never been there, but you're pretty much missing the point.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
And we just had an 8-year President who was both B & W. Yet sadly, he widened the divide, when we all had hopes he would bridge it. Now look where we're at.
I agree with you wolfdog. Although I never believed he would help us. I was very wary of him from the beginning. B.O. did his worst to divide America, and he succeeded.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:06 PM

218 posts, read 244,766 times
[quote=mlulu23;50922322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Z View Post
You mean like the Neo Nazi's and their friends the Alt. Right torch bearing pigs. /quote]

And what do the above have to do with us, or the majority of the good people of Roseburg? Because of a few that demonstrated there does not mean the rest were of that ilk. You sound confused. I personally DISPISE everything having to do with nazism, neo, or otherwise, and the alt right . I LOATHE their ideology, is another way of putting it.

Please correct me if that is not where you are coming from. It just sounds like yet another attack from liberals. Is that all you guys have time to do?

So I struck a nerve. Good.

Nope not confused at all.

Nothing to do with Roseburg, in general it's a nice place to visit or live. I almost moved there 2 years ago. Got lots of friends in the area, some moved there to be closer to the VA. My point is the kind of people who support Trump, and there's plenty of them in Roseburg too. In fact some are good friends even though we don't agree on politics we're friends for other reasons... If they want to support something I don't agree with we probably won't spend much time talking about it. What does crack me up, some of them are getting SSA and a few of them are on welfare or food stamps or other social aid programs, but support the Tea Party. I tell them they are voting against their own good. Because the Tea Party wants to cut their benefits. Tax cuts for the rich equals, welfare for the wealthy is that a better thing for everyone. And let the rest of us fend for our selves.

BTW I don't troll so this is my last post on here, goodbye....................

Old 02-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Z View Post
The things I see from Trump supporters are the Confederate Flag Racist, gun rights people, Neo Nazi's, Alt-Right torch bearing nut cases and Religious Conservatives, who are an oxymoron of anti-birth control and anti-abortion who stand against women's rights. I'm pretty sure there are some moderate Trump supporters that don't fit into the extremes, most of them are only in it for the money and the hell with the environment. America has lost it's way as guiding light for democracy. Trump supporters would rather put up a wall thinking that will solve our problems than deal with human rights. A wall won't stop nothing but it will cost you allot more than taxes.
You only see what you want to see. Speaking for myself while knowing that the other conservatives on this thread won't agree with everything I stand for, I am a gun rights person, and a religious conservative who is anti abortion, and for the rights of the unborn, and believe that humans should be caretakers of the earth, and not polluters, while killing everything off. Oh yes, I am for LEGAL immigration. But not all the other stuff you listed, far from it. Just to confuse the issue I am also pro MJ reform 100%.

See, you are stirring all of those things you wrote above into one pot, and calling them Trump supporters, not so. We are all as different, and varied as can be. That does not mean we agree on all topics. I am also pro Israel, and pro Jew while we all know how nazis feel about that .

Trump was not my first choice, or my third even. As a so called "white" woman, Dr Ben Carson was my first choice, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio were next. But I stand firmly with President Trump having voted for him when the time came.

Both sides generalize the other, and it's time to stop! United we stand, and divided we fall. This isn't a trite saying, this is truth. If we don't pull together, America will be destroyed from within. You can bet on it.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyWinston View Post
Just to clarify, the post I made that sparked this "conversation" had nothing to do with Trump. Count back. He wasn't even a serious possibility for president then.
Never mind, not worth the trouble to post so I deleted it.

Last edited by mlulu23; 02-04-2018 at 05:06 PM..

Old 02-04-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyWinston View Post
This "original attacker" was giving a personal opinion on why I wouldn't live in that area again that the OP was free to make what he/she wished of. That's what this forum is for -- so that those considering relocation options can get these kind of personal opinions. It's sweet of you to defend Roseburg, especially since you've never been there, but you're pretty much missing the point.
I didn't name you, but you just admitted to being an "original attacker", interesting. Yes, you gave your opinion, and I gave mine which you didn't like much. It doesn't matter if I have been to Roseburg, or not. I can still recognize false accusations when I read them. I didn't miss the point at all. Roseburg was badmouthed because of a few bad apples. You don't like conservatives which is what this all boils down to .

I think the OP would be wise to come visit the area for a week, or so if they can get away, to see for themselves what it is like. Anybody can say anything, and from it distance it may seem true, but only firsthand knowledge will bring with it what you are seeking. I wish you well in whatever direction you decide. Blessings to you, and peace.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I didn't name you, but you just admitted to being an "original attacker", interesting. Yes, you gave your opinion, and I gave mine which you didn't like much. It doesn't matter if I have been to Roseburg, or not. I can still recognize false accusations when I read them. I didn't miss the point at all. Roseburg was badmouthed because of a few bad apples. You don't like conservatives which is what this all boils down to .

I think the OP would be wise to come visit the area for a week, or so if they can get away, to see for themselves what it is like. Anybody can say anything, and from it distance it may seem true, but only firsthand knowledge will bring with it what you are seeking. I wish you well in whatever direction you decide. Blessings to you, and peace.
And you'll also notice the quotes around your chosen verbiage. Do you know what they mean when used in this context? Grammarians call them scare quotes.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if I have been to Roseburg, or not. I can still recognize false accusations when I read them.
Apparently, you don't. And I think many would agree that the primary value of this forum is firsthand information for those considering relocation options.

I saw what I saw, and all your braying doesn't change that. Even if it weren't for that incident, the failed timber town vibe in Roseburg makes it unpalatable to me.

Others mileage may vary. With that, you seem to be spoiling for a fight here, and it seems to upset you that someone would have an opinion that you don't agree with. Carry on. I'm going out to dinner while you stay in this thread.

Last edited by SallyWinston; 02-04-2018 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-04-2018, 10:02 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
O-kay...

Roseburg is a pleasant community about an hour and 15 minutes south of Eugene. There is not much industry there today, but it is located in a fine spot that tends to miss most of the coastal rainstorms that pound Eugene and areas north. The surrounding area is quite pretty, rolling hills and good access to the southern coast. Trying to put a positive tone on this thread!

Last edited by pnwguy2; 02-04-2018 at 10:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon