Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:03 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,674 times

Advertisements

hummmmmm.....maybe...I wouldve been the dummy trying to take pictures of my daughter trotting along, as my horse was trotting alongside....thank goodness i didnt have the video camera...can we say MOTION SICKNESS!!. lol
It was beautiful out, wasnt it? Although, IMO, EVERYDAY on the coast is a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,542 times
Default WildRides

Hi - I want to start a small horse back - jet ski - dune buggy - wind surfing rides/rentals on the beach in Oregon near Bandon - and along the cost maybe up to Florence or down south of Bandon. I have Arabs and they are NOT the old doggy walk around the sand type horses - they have spunk and I am looking at catering to more adventure type people - If anyone can help let me know if something like this could be semi successful? I would totally appreciate it! Please email me. Thank you!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,674 times
Theres a riding stable in Coos Bay thats for sale.... youd be about 30min. N of Bandon there.

Id call around to the places already in business and see how they are doing too. I know the Florence one we went to has horses from beg thru advanced, some rides that require the rider to be highly advanced, w/lots of previous and current riding. So its not like all the places out here are like going on a circle pony ride.
Just S. of Florence is Dune City, and they have one of the bigger dune riding establishments around. Everyting from the small single person ATVs, thru the huge dune buggy that i think holds like 25people. They do dune surfing there and all too, another one you might check out and see whats popular.
Theres definatly some places to call around to and check w/on what they might think would be needed out here.
best of luck to you,
Tiffany

Old 03-11-2009, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,350 times
Go Go GO to Ocean Trails Riding Stables in Lincoln City 541-994-4849. My Friends and I ride all over in every state that we can and it is by far the best that we have ever been to. The horses always look great and well refreshed. The guides are so responsible and helpful. They keep up with the latest safety equipmeny and really looked after my kid and gave him all kinds of tips to become a better rider just in one hour. We were allowed to run twice and they give you instructions just before you do so that you are able to preform better. It was the most informative, fun, exciting and safe ride we have ever done and will go back again and again............from a horse lover.....P.S. We were able to have great interaction with the horses , give kisses, pet and feed them....take carrots

Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM

28 posts, read 146,531 times
for those who have there own horses, cape blanco has one of the nicest horse camps ive ever visited. nice trails inland and beautiful beaches to open up on. beach usually doest have too many people on it.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:04 PM

61 posts, read 212,900 times
So who picks up the horsey poo piles along the way? After all the ATV'er's that go to the dunes have to have porta potties with them. Just asking......

Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
I have been told that riders can get a ticket for not picking up their horse's poop. Not sure if the riding stables go along and clean up the trails or what... but I would think, or I would hope, that the owners of the horses would be responsible enough to clean up after their animals. I don't know why, though, but I see dog poop all the time and that really bothers me. I can't stand it when I see dog's pooping and their owners not picking it up. Somehow the thought of seeing horse poop doesn't feel as bad somehow. It doesn't make sense, as it's all stinky poop!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:36 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I have been told that riders can get a ticket for not picking up their horse's poop. Not sure if the riding stables go along and clean up the trails or what... but I would think, or I would hope, that the owners of the horses would be responsible enough to clean up after their animals. I don't know why, though, but I see dog poop all the time and that really bothers me. I can't stand it when I see dog's pooping and their owners not picking it up. Somehow the thought of seeing horse poop doesn't feel as bad somehow. It doesn't make sense, as it's all stinky poop!
They don't and that's the point probably why most of the horse riders I see are riding in the surfline. Occassionally I'll come across some 'apples' up higher on the beach in the dryer sand but most of the time they ride at the water's edge and ewww. Dog Owners that don't pick-up after their pets, shamey on you too!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:22 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
That is awful. You know, the state needs money - they should go after those negligent horse and dog owners. Every dollar counts! Personally I feel that cats should be kept indoors, too. Not only for their own safety and the safety of bats and birds, but also to keep cats from using the neighborhood as a litterbox. That's not right, to allow your cat to roam freely and poop and pee in other people's yards and gardens. Gross. You shouldn't own a pet unless you can be responsible for it. And it doesn't cost any money to pick up your pets poop! It's pure laziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon