Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:15 PM

331 posts, read 1,850,214 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Corvallis, Oregon. You are now downtown..

A Corvallis park near downtown..

A residential neighborhood in Corvallis, Oregon..

Hope you enjoyed your tour of Corvallis, Oregon!

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 04:54 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,032 times
LOL, I did. Thank you.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:01 PM

27 posts, read 201,230 times
Thanks, Dan. We are headed to Corvallis on Wednesday, the 20th and plan to stay there through the 26th (when we go up to Portland until Jan 1st). We are looking forward to exploring our potential new home! I am glad we are going this week and not last week or we might have decided to stay in Hawaii!! I really appreciated you sharing all your Corvallis pictures with me and your assessment of the town. I'll post again after our trip and let you all know our thoughts on moving. I am getting my house here in Hawaii painted while we are gone so our mind is pretty much made up to relocate to Oregon. This trip is just to make sure that we can adjust to the weather and check out neighborhoods.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:15 PM

331 posts, read 1,850,214 times
There are a LOT of nice hillside homes northwest of Corvallis. We fell in love with the area. You are going to like Corvallis! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I want a full report upon your return!!

Enjoy your trip!

Dan

Old 12-19-2006, 04:47 PM

540 posts, read 2,173,144 times
rhbsue, Have a great visit. One thing you might want to consider as you recon the area. The traffic patterns that you are going to see are WAY different than they are the rest of the year! All the students are on winter break so parking and driving are much different now.
I live in Albany, if you have any questions when you get here, feel free to give me a buzz over the holidays if you have questions questions about cities, neighborhoods, schools, housing, etc. (I'm in the book).

Things not to miss: Have lunch at the Old World Deli (cash only), great sandwiches and locally brewed beer. Take a walk through the campus, stop in the OSU Bookstore if its open. Have a cup of coffee at Dutch Brothers (Monroe Ave), I'm a fan of the Kalua Kicker myself. New Morning Bakery has awesome cinnamon and sticky buns. It's a great town, you'll enjoy it. Be sure to check out Albany, Philomath, and maybe even Lebanon while you're here.

Good luck...have fun!!

DavePautsch

Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 AM

346 posts, read 2,140,380 times

Here's my token pic of Corvallis. I actually have more but they haven't been converted to the CD so I can bring them to work yet.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:30 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
What are all them big green things in the distance? Trees you say.. wow so thats what a tree looks like.

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 PM

18 posts, read 145,145 times
Smile live4kidz

I have a question. Since I last posted, our family is growing. Our son got married, they are having a baby boy in Feb. and we are changing our focus away from Klamath Falls - where it rains less and is higher and drier and loads sunnier!! BUT, we don't want to be that far away from our 3 adult children - all of whom live in Portland Metro area. Son and wife just bought a nice ranch style home, 5 yrs. old, in Big Meadow development there. First time buyers. Great prices, compared to Portland Metro. Anyhow, we are considering looking at Albany, Lebanon, Mount Angel, Silverton (although have heard it's very high-priced there, by comparison).

Can anyone tell me if Albany still stinks to high heck!? I grew up in Portland - our youngest was born in Portland - and the kids remember the drives through Albany - on our way to southern Oregon or drives to CA and the smell was horrendous. Do folks just get used to the industrial spewing of the smokes stack?!

Also, we are pre-retirees, so a move to anywhere from our current location in Gladstone, will need to be with retirement needs in mind. We want to be within a sane distance for driving so that we can do the trips up to see our kids and they can come to visit more frequently. Hence trying to stay within an hour each way for driving is our renewed and revised plan!

Another thing we have considered is a manufactured home. Are land prices for say 1 acre or so reasonable? Are there lots with the utilities already run to the land? Any help would be appreciated. We like the idea of not being too far out - not too isolated - but yet not right on top of neighbors either.
We do want to become a part of the community in which we choose to live. The idea of a new home is appealing after buying older larger homes that require so much renovation!! We're getting tired of that gig!

We also like a mixed age community - and don't feel like spending our 'golden years' exclusively with elderly folks. I still operate a small preschoo land I love kids and families. It keeps one young in mind, body and spirit!!

Thanks iin advance for your help and input.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM

18 posts, read 145,145 times
Talking live4kidz P.S.

P.S. Oops! I neglected to add - Big Meadow is in Molalla, where houses are much cheaper than many other locales in Clackamas County.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 AM

137 posts, read 550,178 times
Thanks fot the pics! I was just there in September and I loved it! I am a HUGE OSU fan and I even got to visit the campus! You just can't imagine the crap I get for being from Florida but loving them Beavers! Well, I must admit the are my 2nd love, UF is still my 1st love! haha I have a friend in Oregon that told me not to waste my time seeing Corvallis and he was wrong, it's a beautiful town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon