U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2019, 04:22 PM
 
Location: WA
4,432 posts, read 5,787,007 times
Reputation: 6186

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Weed is now legalized in all of Canada. It is also legal in most of Western USA. It will be a very very short time until it is legal in the rest of the USA. I do not see what the attraction is for buying illegal weed, when you can buy some really top-notch stuff, legally, for a very good price? Why are the so-called cartels growing all this illegal weed when there is really no market for it?
Because it's what they know how to do. And probably still makes a lot more money than legal commodity crops.

You expect them to switch over to soybeans or wine grapes or something?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2019, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Myrtle Creek, Oregon
15,294 posts, read 15,458,743 times
Reputation: 25076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post
The attraction of black market pot is that it’s considerably cheaper that what you buy in the dispensaries.

And the big market for black market weed is the prohibition states.
Some states don't allow people to grow their own. Making something illegal boosts the price. In Oregon, homegrown is essentially free. Canna King in Roseburg advertises dispensary pot for $3/gram. It's hard for anybody to compete with that, black market or not.

Some states regulate it to death. Only four companies have jumped through all the hoops to get a dispensary license in California, and then the state taxes it to death. Many communities have banned dispensaries, so door to door sales are very convenient. California must really love their criminal element.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 06:33 AM
 
2,542 posts, read 3,479,868 times
Reputation: 3611
California is the friendliest state for marijuana businesses, law firm analysis finds

Quote:
California’s cannabis regulations are the most business-friendly in the nation, according to an analysis conducted by the legal firm Thompson Coburn LLP.

The firm recently produced a “holistic state-by-state ranking guide that breaks down how favorable each state’s cannabis regulations are to businesses,” that put California at the top of the list of all 50 states plus Washington, D.C., according to a statement released on behalf of the firm.
California’s marijuana market will soon have ‘thousands of retail stores,’ report says

Quote:
By 2024, cannabis sales growth in the Golden State will account for nearly a quarter of all sales growth in the United States, according to a report, “From Dispensaries to Superstores: Opportunities in U.S. Cannabis Retail,” issued by BDS Analytics and ArcView Market Research.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Just outside of Portland
4,828 posts, read 6,713,716 times
Reputation: 5081
So......... I guess all we have to do to solve the illegal marijuana problem is to Legalize It nationwide, allow people to grow their own, and keep a rein on taxing The Living Daylights out of it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 02:21 PM
 
1,872 posts, read 2,538,222 times
Reputation: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
So......... I guess all we have to do to solve the illegal marijuana problem is to Legalize It nationwide, allow people to grow their own, and keep a rein on taxing The Living Daylights out of it?
Maybe, maybe not.

Many people are both too lazy to grow their own, even though it is super easy and too cheap or can't afford to buy it in a pot shop. But I do think that legalizing it nationwide should help the problem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 04:59 PM
 
590 posts, read 671,004 times
Reputation: 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Many people are both too lazy to grow their own, even though it is super easy and too cheap or can't afford to buy it in a pot shop. But I do think that legalizing it nationwide should help the problem.
You are correct. It’s very easy to grow. Keeping your plants free of mold and pests, not so much. I know, I tried.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 05:07 PM
 
590 posts, read 671,004 times
Reputation: 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Some states don't allow people to grow their own. Making something illegal boosts the price. In Oregon, homegrown is essentially free. Canna King in Roseburg advertises dispensary pot for $3/gram. It's hard for anybody to compete with that, black market or not.

Some states regulate it to death. Only four companies have jumped through all the hoops to get a dispensary license in California, and then the state taxes it to death. Many communities have banned dispensaries, so door to door sales are very convenient. California must really love their criminal element.
My closest dispensary also sells $3 grams. It’s basically dirt weed. Like a loss leader to get you in the door and then you’ll want some of the good stuff. Meanwhile, our friendly black market source always has high quality herb for $60 to $80 an ounce. Fortunately, I’m a medical patient and have a grower.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 05:19 PM
 
1,872 posts, read 2,538,222 times
Reputation: 2158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post
You are correct. It’s very easy to grow. Keeping your plants free of mold and pests, not so much. I know, I tried.
I had zero problems with mold and pests. I grew in small tents and used fans. It was easy. Then I taught my friend as well as my sister-in-law how to grow it for themselves so I could get my music room back. They have both been very successful. Neither have to pay for marijuana or the tons of meds they also used to be on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2019, 05:46 PM
 
590 posts, read 671,004 times
Reputation: 2030
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I had zero problems with mold and pests. I grew in small tents and used fans. It was easy. Then I taught my friend as well as my sister-in-law how to grow it for themselves so I could get my music room back. They have both been very successful. Neither have to pay for marijuana or the tons of meds they also used to be on.
I’m glad it worked out for you and them! It’s truly a wonderful plant.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top