Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM

351 posts, read 537,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This for one.

Quote: I guess what I am hearing on this forum is that I should shut-up and be content with not getting what I want or doing what I want, while all the other Oregonians can get what they want and do what they want. I guess that's how it is going to be for me in Oregon.

Yes, this is how it will be for you in Oregon. And yes, you should shut up and not try to dictate to people about you you want. They won't listen to you anyway.
I appreciate the effort it took for you to dig up this quote, but unfortunately this quote you have provided in this post does not support what you are trying to prove. In other words, it does not show I had said that "I was looking to move into a town and tell people what to do?" The only thing this quote does support is the notion that I am not happy that other people can find and live in towns where things are the way they like it, but that I can not find that same situation for myself. So what!

Please try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 04:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post

In fact, in Post #50, I specifically said: "I have no problem at all if someone wants to put 500 flamingoes in their yard along with a 40' high pile of cow dung and wants to play their music at 100 decibels all night long. That's fine and dandy as long as I can find a town for myself where that is not tolerated, and that's kind of the point of this whole discussion in the quest for quaint towns that will make various types of people happy.."
You've already gotten your answer. You won't find an entire town in Oregon where pink flamingos are "not tolerated". Most people would rather live with a few pink flamingos here and there than live in a community where others dictated to homeowners what they could and couldn't put in their front yards.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

These come in sets of 30. Might have to pick up a few sets myself ...

Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Doesn't it strike you as odd that so very many people are "misunderstanding" poor you? But none of that could possibly be the way in which you express yourself.
Actually, based upon the fact the people on this thread have repeatedly implied or stated that I said something that I did not say, and cannot support their position with any proof that I said it, I am really not all that surprised. This just must be the way Oregonians or city-data forum users argue. I am getting used to it.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You've already gotten your answer. You won't find an entire town in Oregon where pink flamingos are "not tolerated".
Yeah, I know. I just found that out over the past couple of days here on this thread, and I am actually glad I did before investing a bunch of money into Oregon.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:18 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times

Yeah, yeah we're all misquoting you. Poor you. Why do you come here to get such abuse?

This is the way we argue, sure. So why bother? This an example of major trollism. No more feeding from me.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:23 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Two things; I *NEED* an RV on my property. Where else is my meth-head brother in law, his wife, their six kids, her ex-husband, their three kids, and the East Russian "immigrant," that is paying 90% of the rent going to stay?

Second point; this entire thread reminds me of this article in Willamette Week. Bad Neighbor - Print

Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
holy crap, maybe its a relative!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
This an example of major trollism. No more feeding from me.

Well, since you are:

a) still not providing any proof that I ever said what you alleged I've said,

b) not adding anything to the topic of this thread,

I think the only troll here is YOU.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Two things; I *NEED* an RV on my property. Where else is my meth-head brother in law, his wife, their six kids, her ex-husband, their three kids, and the East Russian "immigrant," that is paying 90% of the rent going to stay?

Second point; this entire thread reminds me of this article in Willamette Week. Bad Neighbor - Print
Why don't you explain to ignorant old me, how the actions of Peter Fournier resemble my actions, since apparently you felt the need to draw some kind of parallel between this gentleman and me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon