Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 03:55 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxq View Post
This post brings back some memories.... and dates me. As I recall, Mo's in CB was in the building or lot once occupied by Volchok Chevrolet. Something like the Golden Storehouse, with a collection of artsy craftsy shops and Mo's. Either before or after, I think the building housed an outdoors store. It was on a block between what is now 101 S and 101 N. At the time there was a Golden Ave that intersected with Broadway, so perhaps there? The last time I passed thru Florence a couple of years ago, there was a Mo's there in the oldtown district. Also used to be one in Newport, and probably a few more in other coastal towns. Couldn't beat the clam chowder with garlic bread.
Your memory is very good. You nailed it. I have been doing some more research on it. Mo's was located at 700 South Broadway, the southeast corner of Broadway and Golden. Mo's bought the Golden Storehouse in 1979, which was an old turn of the century warehouse building that had been converted into a mall in the mid 1970s. They opened Mo's in the mall in 1980 and operated it there until 1993, when they sold the restaurant and the building. The new owners demolitioned the building in 1996 and built the current bank building there. It's too bad. It sounds like it was a pretty unique place.

A few years later Mo's owners were quoted in an article as saying, they would like to come back to Coos Bay, but it would have to be a waterfront location. I guess they never found an acceptable location.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon