Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times

Advertisements

I own a home in Clackamas County, that is located on commercial property. I would like to operate a small, home business from that location. I was told I can't run a business from there if I live on the premises.
I can run any kind of business I wish, as long as I don't live on the property. That doesn't make sense to me, but laws/rules don't always make sense..!
I am trying to get the information from the city, but they are very slow in responding. I just wondered if anyone has any experience with this situation..? Thanks in advance......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 04:04 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Make an appointment with a Planner to find out what the land use issues might be. I suspect the problem centers around building codes/parking, particularly if you have customers/clients/vendors visiting.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:53 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Default Donna2390..

You might try getting in contact with The Green Store on Mollala Avenue in Oregon City. I think her name is Gwen, the owner, and she could give you some great help and direction. They have a organic groceries, vegetables, meats and coffee, and many, many local jams, jelies, candles, etc that are organic and were made by and from local organic farms. It is a fairly new store, and they plan to have cooking and saving classes in what used to be the house's garage sometime this summer.

I think they only reason those people living in the arage are moving out, is because they're planning on putting in a professional kitcken -cooking, freesing and keeping classes will be held there.

Gwen will be alble to give you some good insight, since she's so connected with local farmers, and all the regulations. Very smart lady...her home was situated on commercial property, as well, and they turn it into this very lovely, local organic store. So, I'm sure she knows the ropes.

But what kind of business are you going to open up? I just assumed it would be food!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon