Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2008, 09:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,264 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me a little about the living conditions of Vale. I have been offered a job in town. How bad are the winters ( I moved from Boston to the Willamette valley after the 100 year snow storm in 1979) Do you know anything about the crime rate...I know it won't be like Portland's, but I'm just curious as to what type of problems are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 06:35 PM

6 posts, read 18,767 times
What exactly would you like to know? I grew up there. I lived there for over 20 years. My folks still live there so I go all of the time. There is no crime really. Nothing that is worth mentioning. Just the occassional kid or two who go out and break some windows...that sort of thing. They used to print the "police report" in the local newspaper but I don't know if they do that anymore. The city no longer has an active police department. They figured that it was a waste of money due to Vale being the county seat and having the county sheriff's headquarters right in town. They figured with as much (or little in this case) crime as they were dealing with in the huge town of Vale (I'm kidding of course), the county cops could deal with it just fine.
Winters are just normal I suppose. It snows every year. Sometimes just a few inches or sometimes (like this last year), it seemed like about a foot a month. Which is really unusual. It can get pretty cold but I don't ever remember it going below like 10-20 degrees.
Very quiet and very slow paced town. Not much goes on there. If you want to know anything else, I'll fill ya in. Just let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon