Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 AM

5 posts, read 12,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrannie View Post
Hi, all. Welcome to Bonanza! We live just down the road from you. My husband is a contractor. I'll be happy to have him help answer questions you may have. Here's what I know: I second the kudos for Roger Chancellor. He's reasonable and ON-TIME. He is properly licensed, bonded and insured (very important, especially these days.) Roger has good equipment and good guys on his team. He uses good quality pumps and pressure tanks AND his service during and after installation is exceptional. We've used him a LOT. For driveway, digout and septic, I'd suggest Dan Smith of D&R Dumptruck and Backhoe Service. Write me offline for his phone number - I'm not sure if is appropriate to post it here. Dan is another good guy. He's also reasonably priced and you'll save money because he's your neighbor. Dan is another guy who won't gouge somebody because they're out of state - we've learned that many do, around here.

Klamath County had problems with folks who "moved onto" their lots and camped out. They now require a building permit before installing power, which has helped that situation. Other than that, they are great to work with.

Leslie always gets the septic approval (perc test) first. Draw up a plan of your proposed site that shows where the driveway and house are located, where you propose to site the well and septic system plus an area for a reserve drainfield. (You can get the forms at the county website listed above.) Then have Dan (or somebody) dig holes so the county can inspect the soil to determine if it's suitable for a drainfield. Installing the septic system can happen anytime - before, during, or after construction of your home. If it were me, I'd handle the septic approval first, then drill the well. The cost to ensure the site is suitable for a septic system is far less than to find out if it has water. Our policy is to help people get the "cheap questions" answered first!

Again, WELCOME to the community! You're going to love living here!! a
Hi Annie,
Can you send me a private message with info on your husband's services?
BLOCK 75, plot 6 on E *** Lane at Vimeo Drive.
Needs site prep, per tests, septic, well, basement with concrete roof structure for manufactured home. Also, need to redo the driveway with gravel.
setup of home includes sealing it, painting seams, plastering seams, install carpet & linoleum, set up of propane tank to the stove/oven, set up appliances, attach to foundation & leveling. Must make sure there's a crawl space beneath to reach pipes, etc.
Then, connecting phone & electric from street front, etc.
I need help, you seem honest and I've had a heck of a time. I cannot figure out how to add you as a friend nor how to contact for business.
Thank you.
Trisha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat4hire View Post
Hi Annie,
Can you send me a private message with info on your husband's services?
BLOCK 75, plot 6 on E *** Lane at Vimeo Drive.
Needs site prep, per tests, septic, well, basement with concrete roof structure for manufactured home. Also, need to redo the driveway with gravel.
setup of home includes sealing it, painting seams, plastering seams, install carpet & linoleum, set up of propane tank to the stove/oven, set up appliances, attach to foundation & leveling. Must make sure there's a crawl space beneath to reach pipes, etc.
Then, connecting phone & electric from street front, etc.
I need help, you seem honest and I've had a heck of a time. I cannot figure out how to add you as a friend nor how to contact for business.
Thank you.
Trisha
Howdy, swat4hire

I'm not positive but I think rbannie might be the same as this following website.

Home

Best of luck to y'all...

Old 08-12-2014, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,075 times
Haha, I've been to the area. Mostly country farms, meadows & national forests outside the city of Klamath Falls. Quiet country road140 lead to a small town of Beatty.

I also have a small parcel 25 minutes north of Beatty, near Sycan river proximity. It has lots of trees and a seasonal creek run thru it. I'm not sure what to do with that property. Not planning to build a house there. I may install a prebuilt cabin, then a water well with pump run by solar panels. Use it as a vacation getaway. I don't have any contractor in mind at the moment. I think I'm gonna need one sooner or later.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomm View Post
Haha, I've been to the area. Mostly country farms, meadows & national forests outside the city of Klamath Falls. Quiet country road140 lead to a small town of Beatty.

I also have a small parcel 25 minutes north of Beatty, near Sycan river proximity. It has lots of trees and a seasonal creek run thru it. I'm not sure what to do with that property. Not planning to build a house there. I may install a prebuilt cabin, then a water well with pump run by solar panels. Use it as a vacation getaway. I don't have any contractor in mind at the moment. I think I'm gonna need one sooner or later.
I can't remember the name of it, but there is a company in Klamath that builds modular houses out of SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels) and the finished building is trucked to the site and assembled (on an on-site prepared foundation) in a day or two. Much higher quality than your standard mobile home and a good one can be better quality than a lot of stick-built. More expensive than a mobile home, though.

It's make a good summer home, but, depending on how isolated it was from other homes/cabins, I'd worry about security while I was not there.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:59 PM

6 posts, read 13,802 times
Just saying hi. I just bought off of Bly mountain cutoff 9 miles north of Bonanza. Pretty 3.6 acre lot.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,283 times
Hi everyone, my name is Andrew Chao, Love all these infor. I just bought 2.54 ac at Sprague River / Arrowhead Ln. Any one from the area? I will be needing all the helps i csn get, as to who can dig my well, and septic septic system, I'd like to start building my retirement place there, and looking to make some good neighbors and friends. Silicon Valley is too fast and too costly for me. I am ready for a nice and quite peaceful life where I can breathe fresh airs and be closer to the stars at night.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,105 times
Hi everyone,
I just purchased property in Bonanza Oregon. Want to put a new Mobile home on the property but need septic, water, and electric in first. There is already a gravel driveway and electric at the street. Not sure where I should start, or what to expect cost wise. Any information would be great.
Thanks

Old 03-11-2016, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,127 times
Hello everyone my wife and i purchased a few acres in Bonanza Oregan and we are looking for someone that could help us find a company that puts in inexpensive septic tank we will be put a 3bed room 2bath home on the land,so if any one could refer us to the right person to we would greatly appreciate it. Thank You and God Bless P.S also a company who is reasonable for the well drilling and installation costs thank you again.you can email me the info at this address walkwiththelord11@gmail.com

Old 03-11-2016, 11:41 PM

198 posts, read 344,523 times
Try this company for septic. I've heard good things and plan to hire them myself. I don't know if they do wells, though.

D & R Dump Truck & Backhoe Service LLC Bonanza, OR, 97623 - YP.com

Old 04-08-2016, 10:51 AM

25 posts, read 47,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengal#7 View Post
Look up Roger Chancellor. He recently dug a nice well for us.
John, are you in KFFE? If so...how deep did you have to go? We're on Flamingo and looking to drill, estimate came in at 340ft...just curious if this is average?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon