Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,574 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are planning to move to medford after the research we have done and would like to confirm what we have found because we have never been there.

We currently live in McMinnville and have been told the area is similair but warmer. Is there lots of trees and green like here? or more?

We are planning on moving after the 6th of October so any other informaiton about the area is well appreciated.

We moved to McMinnville to deal with my health issue of
Fibromyalgia and have gotten what we came here for . We have also moved around a lot in search of a real home. McMinnville has not felt like that. For some reason things keep pointing us to Medford.
We have had a real tough last year and because of my health lost almost everything we had so we are really starting completely over. We have 3 boys 5, 15 and soon to be 18. My husband and I have been married over 22 years but want to put down roots now and really start creating the life we want.

As we are determined to start creating our life instead of letting it create us.
We are entrepreneurs and been self employed most of our life. My husband and I had a remodeling business at one time that lead us into real estate investing.
I have a lot of training and experience in real estate investing and also love teaching what I know.
I stay on track and keep my energy up when I teach as I do.
I plan on starting a mastermind group to work with when we get there.
If you really want to know more again go to the blog where I will be sharing more information.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Waterlily; 09-16-2008 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: no blogs allowed,Plus cleaning up messy font settings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,821,552 times
First off, Medford is much LESS green than McMinnville. The climate is much, much more dry than the Willamette Valley. There is a noticeable lack of greenery, in my opinion, in and immediately around the city (Central Point, White City, Ashland). Very dusty and brown most of the year. The areas west from Medford ("North" on I-5, Jacksonville, Applegate Valley) are gorgeous and could even be described as lush.

The weather should be suitable to fibromyalgia save in the summer when the temperatures hover in the high 90s and even go up to the the mid 100s for a few weeks. The weather tends to be rather stable and doesn't have frequent extreme changes. My mom has fibromyalgia and lupus and she does pretty well with the climate in this area except for the heat in summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon