Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:54 PM

158 posts, read 516,980 times

Advertisements

I'm from arizona, but I lived in Washington State for thirty years. Medford gets 18 to 20 inches of rain each year. Roseburg gets 36". Portland gets around 36 inches and Grants pass gets around 31 inches. their temperatures usually vary by 5 or 6 degrees. Hope that's helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 8,485 times
Default Surely you mean Talent?

Why Tangent? Surely you mean Ashland, Talent, and Jacksonvile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMcp View Post
I would like to know where the best weather is in Oregon? I don't want to be high up (health problems) and am currently looking at Ashland, Tangent, Jacksonville...any area below 2200 foot elevation. Is the air too foul? Are there better areas. Where is the warmth?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:53 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Pendleton and Hermiston. They are part of the semi-arid climate that some call the high desert, which includes The Tri-Cities of Washington, (Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick). More sunshine, less rain and snow than most areas of the Pacific Northwest. Bend/Redmond gets more snow and are colder. Medford gets more rain.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Burns.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Burns is much colder than Pendleton, Hermiston. It may be as dry, but one of the colder spots in Oregon.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
I don't remember what warm feels like. I need a California road trip...

OP circa. 2006: the best weather in Oregon is indoors.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
In a green valley surrounded by mountains...

Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 PM

30 posts, read 82,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
The best weather in Oregon is in California!

Yes, the best weather is in Baja Oregon and only 37 million people know that to be true. Don't tell anyone else otherwise more will move there and clog the freeways.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:17 AM

478 posts, read 784,458 times
You just won't get warm/mild temps year-round, and a lot of sunshine, both in the same place.
Central Oregon is my favorite place in the world. Plenty of sun year-round, but it gets more snow than rain (which is ok with me!).

Old 06-03-2012, 05:22 AM

62 posts, read 189,484 times
Default where is the least amount of FOG in southern oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve97415 View Post
The answer depends on what other climate limitations you might have. As a broad general rule, the closer you get to the coast, the less sunshine and warmth you can expect. Southern Oregon is generally sunnier than northern Oregon. The southeast, near the Nevada border, has the sunniest weather and the warmest summers. The sunniest areas in Oregon are also the coldest in winter. Proximity to the ocean increases temperature mildness, but also increases cloud cover.
A lot of people are looking for a mix of good summer weather and mild winter weather. If you don't want winter snow, then you would be limited to areas west of the Cascades (which are not as sunny as areas to the east). The Willamette Valley is populous for a good reason --dry sunny summers with long springs and falls. Winter is four months of rain.
If you go to the Western Regional Climate Center's website and click on "General Climate Information", you can get national maps that show hours of sunshine and degree of sky cover.
from what i've read, sounds like bend has a horribly cold climate and essentially only two seasons, winter and summer, with clouds streaming in all spring until sometime in june, then, the summers are sunny but get very cold at night, with only a 60 day growing season

medford was in the 90's last week

i've stopped looking in that area and now looking at southern oregon (and also reno, nv) based on this, along with the bend's high unemployment and fiscal problems, and the wrcc maps, that "steve" discusses above -

http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/climaps/climaps.pl

click on "most popular" and "quick search" to find numbers of clear, partly cloudy, and cloudy days along with percentage of sunshine, etc. etc.

Question - what areas of Medford-Talent-Jacksonville-Applegate-Ruch-Williams-Ashland-Steinmann-Yreka-KlamathFalls-Keno have the least amount of winter fog in the winter ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon