U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,295 times

Advertisements

honestly what parents should look at rather than saying oh my kid ranaway their so hirrible is hmm what did i do that might have made them run away. people need space even kids, i would understand if it was 10 to 13 year old but past that age it really isnt that big of a deal honestly, if they are old enough to make the choice to run away than they are old enough to be responsible for themselves. im am 17and i have 10 months until turn 18 and my mom keeps trying to kick me out but every time i leave she threatens to call the cops on me, and so i took it upon myself to search the law and when i found out its not illegal the first person i told was my mom. if a person under 18 is put in a situation where they do not feel safe or comfortable in their own home they should have the right to leave. especially when the part tells them what a horrible person they are and everything that they have done wrong in their life is your fault.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 6,492 times
my boyfriend got kick out of his house, they wouldn't let him back in and he is 15 and now the parents are saying he ran away and they have done this before and he went to juvenile hall and there is a bunch of people to back him up... he was living with me but my mom made him leave because dhs told her she could go to jail for 3 months is that true and how do we tell them he is not a runaway will they believe me? how do i tell them i don't know how to help him. he was also beaten by his stepfather? would that help us in anyway?

Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,492 times
Default my 15 year old boyfriend got kicked out

my boyfriend got kick out of his house, they wouldn't let him back in and he is 15 and now the parents are saying he ran away and they have done this before and he went to juvenile hall and there is a bunch of people to back him up... he was living with me but my mom made him leave because dhs told her she could go to jail for 3 months is that true and how do we tell them he is not a runaway will they believe me? how do i tell them i don't know how to help him. he was also beaten by his stepfather? would that help us in anyway

Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 PM

640 posts, read 1,478,978 times
can't dhs put him into foster care? it would have to be an improvement. I know nobody want's to go into foster care, but it's better than couch surfing- plus, if he hates it he can always run away again.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,123,245 times
Ah, ahem, ah,

There is a problem here with people telling the truth. I have no idea who is who, and who is truth "challenged."

Your Mom, is not, and should not, be housing, feeding, and supporting your boyfriend. Period. Long story why and mostly boring legal stuff. No mater what emotional commitment you may have toward him, an underaged teen has no standing with officials in cases like this; you may offer information, and your opinions as to who, what, and when but until you are a legal adult your options are limited.

Think of it like this, there are adults who's job it is to sort out problems like your boyfriend. This is their job, their paycheck. These people have told their bosses, and their boss's boss they should be paid good money to sort out things like your boyfriend and his parent / stepfather. Just take my word for it, you trying to help is stepping on their turf, and they don't want your help in today's economy with 20 or more people who would like to take over their job and paycheck.

Let the people who are supposed to sort out problems like your boyfriend earn their money. They are paid to sort out people who are telling the truth, and those who are spreading it thick, and dealing with it.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,109 times
My daughter is 14 and was on probation in MT but went to spend time w her father in ID.. She recently ran away because of severe abuse, she is hiding from both him and her PO..She was sent to her fathers a year and half ago for being completely unruly.. Since then she was mentally, emotionally, and physically abused.. Her Father cut most of our contact and listened to every conversation etc.. I was allowed 2 supervised visits in that time because of his bizzare control and manipulation..
My question is, I have full custody of her in the state of MT, so if I moved out of the state and she just showed up on my doorstep, would they drag her back to face Prob Violations..? I feel that she would not be heard fairly by any of the judges in our town and certainly not by her PO..
I mean really, she has been going to runaway shelters etc.. If I went to where she is and called and said I found her and that I was keeping her what could they do..? its not kidnapping, its not aiding and abedding...

Old 12-22-2010, 01:56 PM

8,000 posts, read 15,451,655 times
You guys need to do two things. First, get an Attorney. And second, although it is an old post, and hopefully these posters have grown up a little, learn what capitalization, spell checking, and punctuation are about. When you write like a child, you will be treated like a child.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,020 times
In Washington if a teen thats 16 runs away what is most likely to happen?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM

4,284 posts, read 14,866,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallsntalls View Post
In Washington if a teen thats 16 runs away what is most likely to happen?

Why not ask on the Washington forum?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,879 times
What if you ran away to a friends house but continue going to to your school, Can your parents contact the school to see if your still attending? And can the police come get your from school to bring you back to your parents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon