U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 PM

13 posts, read 73,318 times

Advertisements

I found Assateague to have an abundance of mosquitos and green head flies as well. It's a wonderful place to camp...........off season. ;-)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,073,371 times
I am always amazed that some enterprising soul hasn't found a way to capture midges and use their ground up carcasses as a base for industrial strength adhesive cuz they are a real bugger to scrape off the windshield.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:15 PM

7,785 posts, read 17,177,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
I am always amazed that some enterprising soul hasn't found a way to capture midges and use their ground up carcasses as a base for industrial strength adhesive cuz they are a real bugger to scrape off the windshield.
Someone managed to convince people that the dried extract of the algae off the "pristine" waters of Klamath Lake (bugs, ag run-off and highly alkaline thermal spring water and all) was healthful.

I keep waiting for them to have a eureka! moment and realize all the sludge and algae is primo biofuel material.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM

1,313 posts, read 6,129,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster73 View Post
I've been doing alot of research and have fallen for McMinnville. It seems to have everything we're looking for...except a job. Medford does though...except that it seems like it's too close to what we're trying to get away from here in KY(heat and crime). I know jobs are scarce right now in Oregon...should we take the chance and go for Medford or hold out for the possibility of a job in McMinnville?
McMinnville is a very nice place. Well located, up-and-coming small town. The people are well-educated for the most part, and the culture there is much less blue collar than southern Oregon. Because of the title of this thread, most people who have opened it aren't going to be that familiar with this part of the Willamette Valley. If McMinnville has captured your fancy, I would hold out for an opportunity there. McMinnville and Medford are VERY different, so the choice is a significant one.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM

107 posts, read 262,315 times
If we could just find work we would so be back in Oregon. Moved from Roseburg two years ago because HVAC work hubby does was scarce at best...moved to Texas..and have HATED every minute here. We are focusing on Grants Pass too, maybe since it is a little bigger? What about the weather..I know you get a good amount of snow, does that stall everything, would you suggest another area close by ? we have a 5 year old so school is important too.
Actually I would be happy to find a job and get back to ANY part of Oregon.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM

13 posts, read 73,318 times
Snow is really not an issue in Grants Pass. It averages less than 5" a year and that's usually just an inch or two which melts off quickly. It's really only a problem if you have to travel elsewhere.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:56 PM

1,313 posts, read 6,129,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage44 View Post
We are focusing on Grants Pass too, maybe since it is a little bigger? What about the weather..I know you get a good amount of snow, does that stall everything, would you suggest another area close by ?
You must be confusing Grants Pass with Bend. El Paso gets more yearly snowfall than Grants Pass. Bend, on the other hand, gets about 33 inches of snow a year -- seven times what Grants Pass gets.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 AM

83 posts, read 404,211 times
Chrysaliswriter:
I am going to take a "road trip" to western Oregon, take a look at some places. Try to keep an open mind. And not fall in love with a town for some random reason that has nothing to do with what I really enjoy about life.
Regarding the bug thing, you might be too girly for Oregon

Last edited by tilegirl; 09-04-2009 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: forgot to refer to the person I was answering!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:09 PM

3 posts, read 9,256 times
So my family and I are looking to relocate to one of these towns. We have all ages of kids. We would like good schools,transportation and shopping nearby. Can anyone tell me what the better chioce would be. If it is medford is there certain areas I need to avoid? Thank you.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 9,256 times
Sorry the three towns I was speaking of was Medford,Grants Pass ,or Klamath Falls. Any info would be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon