U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM

16,215 posts, read 19,211,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
When I left CA, I had a terrible time finding a truck to bring my things: all the places said that none of the trucks would be coming back (as in dropping it off in OR) so they wouldn't let me rent. They were saying more people were leaving CA than were coming to CA (in 2004).

In the end I found a one way rental from Penske & it cost me a small fortune.

This is the right time of year to travel the distance.

I've heard of quite a few folks buying a used truck with Box (Box Van) to move their goods, then sell it when finished moving.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,046 times
I am also moving to klamath falls. Married with a two year old coming from the portland area where I have lived most my life. Wanted to know good areas to live, looking online running y looks nice but not sure if people actually live there or just vacation there. We would like to live in something thats on the newer side and there is not a lot to rent on websites I found listed in other posts. Any [FONT=Verdana]suggestions[/FONT] on neighborhoods or rental listing sites?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 PM

4,284 posts, read 14,866,491 times
Running Y is more of a planned resort/destination community complete with its own golf course, skating rink, etc. It's located a few miles west of Klamath on 140.

For a start on rentals, try the Classifieds section of the local paper www.heraldandnews.com

Personally, I'd give anything in the Mill's Addition a pass; the houses tend to be quite small and some areas of the neighbourhood are a little unkempt.

Seeing is believing, though, so why not just drive down for a weekend and check things out in person?

Old 07-25-2010, 09:36 PM

22 posts, read 79,546 times
Jason and anyone else

sorry I didn't check this site after I arrived in Klamath Falls! I obviously made it here ok and got moving and everything situated. I had found a nice apartment on eldorado avenue, but have since moved.

I really like Klamath Falls so far, its been about a year. The best part is the weather and the proximity to outdoors oppurtunity. I love Gerber reservoir area for solitude and stars, spencer creek area for more of a wet woods area. We also love going to Moore park and playing frisbee golf/ mountain biking. I have also joined the city orchestra and am having a great time.

The only real problem I have is that there is no where really close to go swimming, but I can live with that for right now.

The way I see it with K-falls is that you get what you make of it, you have to search a little bit for fun oppurtunites but once you start looking the options are limitless!

I also thought that the Ross Ragland puts on a good show. I don't mind the lack of shopping either, I think it's a good thing for my wallet.

I agree that homedale area has some nice houses that are cheaper, the hotsprings neighborhoods are really nice too. If you are looking for a nice rental townhouse check out foot hills drive, there is a huge rental community down there and they all look pretty nice.

Any other questions, let me know!

Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 PM

4,284 posts, read 14,866,491 times
Glad to hear you're happy with the move.

Have you tried the Ella Redkey pool? http://www.harbortennisandfitness.co...eySchedule.pdf

Lake of the Woods is also good for a cool dip if you don't mind a little drive.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 815 times
want to buy a business in homedale, or. but hear nothing but gang stuff and bad things. can someone shed the real light on this for me. thank you.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:58 PM

4,991 posts, read 7,672,007 times
That OR route 66 between Klamath and Ashland, is a tough one, especially the last 20 miles west...it's not for the faint of heart...

Old 10-14-2010, 05:38 PM

37 posts, read 100,653 times
My dad is from Klamath Falls, so I've been there enough times to tell you about it. The scenery is nice, but that's about all that is... It's much more conservative and redneck than most of Oregon. It's extraordinarily boring, and economically depressed as well. It can also get really cold at night. I'd recommend getting chains or 4-wheel drive, so you can go to Medford all year round, since they actually have stuff to do.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM

45 posts, read 117,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
The newer apartment complexes are in the area called "the south suburbs". There's a fairly new complex between Bisbee Street & Mazama High School that has good access around town. I do not know what the cost is. There are some other complexes in that area out towards the airport.

As to meeting people, smaller towns like Klamath Falls have a lot of small clubs and I would check with the Chamber of Commerce. Something that may interest you is that there may still be a nice group that works to help with the large bird wildlife refuge just outside town. If you have any interest in churches, I would suggest the local Calvary Chapels as they are younger and cater more to "youngins".

As to work for civil engineers, I'm thinking probably not. Lastly, Medford is about 70 miles west over the cascades on Hwy 140. A very nice drive! Along the way a short detour takes you to the Mountain Lakes Wilderness Area. There is a 3 mile loop with 7 lakes on it and one (Lake Natasha) is the clearest lake in North America for its size- just like looking thru glass. We used to go there and swim in late summer.

Klamath Falls is a dusty, rusty, lusty old town. Many people are a bit disappointed with the town itself. However, the schools are good and the surrounding areas in every direction are wonderful. Before you move on from there, get to really know the area- you'll be glad you did.
What area is considered "the south suburbs"?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 AM

45 posts, read 117,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtusarah View Post
Jason and anyone else

sorry I didn't check this site after I arrived in Klamath Falls! I obviously made it here ok and got moving and everything situated. I had found a nice apartment on eldorado avenue, but have since moved.

I really like Klamath Falls so far, its been about a year. The best part is the weather and the proximity to outdoors oppurtunity. I love Gerber reservoir area for solitude and stars, spencer creek area for more of a wet woods area. We also love going to Moore park and playing frisbee golf/ mountain biking. I have also joined the city orchestra and am having a great time.

The only real problem I have is that there is no where really close to go swimming, but I can live with that for right now.

The way I see it with K-falls is that you get what you make of it, you have to search a little bit for fun oppurtunites but once you start looking the options are limitless!

I also thought that the Ross Ragland puts on a good show. I don't mind the lack of shopping either, I think it's a good thing for my wallet.

I agree that homedale area has some nice houses that are cheaper, the hotsprings neighborhoods are really nice too. If you are looking for a nice rental townhouse check out foot hills drive, there is a huge rental community down there and they all look pretty nice.

Any other questions, let me know!
So how has it been since your last post to this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon