Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times

Advertisements

The Picture thread of the Oregon coast was very magnificent. One of my burning questions was which beaches are the best for clamming. Which ones for ocean fishing?

Then that leads me to where is the best seafood restaurants along the coast? What is your favorite?

And, the next question is how long would it take me to eat my way along the coast from the bottom of Oregon to the top?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 04:07 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,855,979 times
There is fishing and clamming all along the Oregon coast. If you haven't been to the coast it's a great place to visit. Most of the cities along the coast have seafood. I like Mo's but we don't have one here in the Coos Bay/North Bend area. You've got to got up to Florence or Newport.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:17 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
There was a very recent article that due to favorable ocean tempatures the fishing off the central/northern Oregon coast is going to be fantastic for at least the next 2-3 years.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
There was a very recent article that due to favorable ocean tempatures the fishing off the central/northern Oregon coast is going to be fantastic for at least the next 2-3 years.
Fishing and clamming are 2 of the favorite things I like to do. What type of clams do you have? THe smaller baskets or do you get any of the bigger ones like the Pismo clam as big as your hand.

And what typ of fish is predominate along the Oregon coast?

Surf fishing is wonderful but good pier fishing is also fun.

I can hardly wait!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 AM

22 posts, read 87,339 times
I cannot wait to try clamming... I didn't even know people did this. and ocean fishing? Ive been stuck on rivers and lakes my whole life!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,049,009 times
i used to be able to sit in my front rooms and watch the people clam right outside my house. On weekends, it was great fun to get everyone in nappy clothes and march the kids all across the road and go clamming for a few hours. they got pretty good at it too! we started them all clamming by the time they were about 5yrs old. They didnt have a whole lot of interest in it before that. What kind of clams you get will vary along which part of our coastline youre at. Google "clamming in Oregon" or "clamming in (enter town you'll be at)" and youre sure to get some great suggestions.

For me, my fav. place to get anything to eat seafood wise, is a little shack on the docks in Charleston Oregon (just out of Coos Bay) called Fishermans Warf. Its a teeny little place, bout the size of most peoples bedroom, and has the BEST and always freshest seafood around. Like for crab, they'll cook it, clean it, and all you have to do is buy it and some crab crackers and sit out and enjoy. Good prices too. I think last time i was there (few weeks ago) I think i paid 3.00 or 3.50 for cooked/cleaned crab that I just took home and ate and ate and ate.
We get all our stuff fresh (crab/clam/tuna/etc) and take it home to cook/smoke up so i cant be of any help on where to go to eat for a seafood resturant. Sorry!!

ahhh...the coastal drive. Honestly, its gonna take you some serious time because each bend in the road will drop your jaw. There are some stretches where youre just in trees and cant see the ocean (like from Coos Bay til you get through Florence) but even that is a pretty drive in all the forest, along side lakes, and such.
You can mapblast from one end to the other to see milage. but truly, id take as LONG as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon