U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,407 times

Advertisements

So My dad used to live in Chiloquin Oregon when he was in high school. His parents had a 180 acre ranch about a mile west from Rapids Cafe. They used to call it the 'Old Wilson Place' My Grandparents sold the land to the Wolff Family, and it was split up and sold..I need to know what happened to the land..and if anything is still left of the ranch. Thanx

Ps. My dad used to say all the time that he was 27 miles north of Klamath Falls...But i think he was talking about Chiloquin in general...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 PM

7,785 posts, read 16,629,707 times
"Rapids Cafe" doesn't ring any bells, but then I haven't been here that long. How about some street names? Which general direction from the city of Chiloquin? Out toward Sprague River, out toward Agency Lake?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

480 posts, read 2,295,942 times
You could contact the Oregon State Archives in Salem for land records but they would likely need more information than what you have given here.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 PM

14,700 posts, read 35,576,072 times
You can also pay a title company to do a title search for you, but they need some type of address to get started.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 PM

2 posts, read 7,947 times
i live about a mile from rapids cafe, now closed. it is called williamson river knoll and irish bend. it was subdiveded in the 1960s.this might be it.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 AM

13 posts, read 49,684 times
intresting stuff , i think i should move there. i like trees,dirt and peace. seventrees

Old 04-03-2010, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,407 times
Default Wolff Ranch belonged to my great grandfather and grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallennangl4269 View Post
So My dad used to live in Chiloquin Oregon when he was in high school. His parents had a 180 acre ranch about a mile west from Rapids Cafe. They used to call it the 'Old Wilson Place' My Grandparents sold the land to the Wolff Family, and it was split up and sold..I need to know what happened to the land..and if anything is still left of the ranch. Thanx

Ps. My dad used to say all the time that he was 27 miles north of Klamath Falls...But i think he was talking about Chiloquin in general...

HI I was happy to find this I was trying to do some research on our faimlys ranch to find a picture of our brand when I found this. When I was a kid we had the upper ranch wich was on the Spiruge River and the lower ranch wich was located from Klamath Lake to the Crater Lake HWY. We also had a few parcels scatered on the Wiliamson River and the old Potaoe Cellers just down the road from the Wilamson River Store. I remember Garandpa having a map with there land holdings painted on it at the time there was over 19000 acers in the ranch. We raised resgestered Hurfords and Angus, crops included alfalfa and potatoes in wich my faimly co-owned a produce company out of Portland there used to be a painted advertisement for that company in Eugene Oregon. My Great Grandfather passed and left it to his son my Granfather, he farmed and ranched with my Uncle Gerry Wolff. His two sisters also were involved with the book keeping and sales. My uncle and his wife managed to get control of the ranch after my grandfathers death. They destroyed the ranch in less than ten years by over spending and drugs. Unfortanatly two life times of hard work were lost. My Uncle commited suicide it has been questioned as to it being murder and seems more and more the case. As for my aunt she managed to loose the rest and only has a few acers left. It is a very tragic story, I remember cattle drives from the upper to lower ranch in the fall branding in the spring and my grandfather not letting me get out to help in the feed lot he was affraid I would get lost in the mud. I lot of fond memories for a life that few get to experience.

Last edited by Joelle Wilson; 04-03-2010 at 03:16 PM..

Old 03-01-2017, 10:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,857 times
Smile Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelle Wilson View Post
HI I was happy to find this I was trying to do some research on our faimlys ranch to find a picture of our brand when I found this. When I was a kid we had the upper ranch wich was on the Spiruge River and the lower ranch wich was located from Klamath Lake to the Crater Lake HWY. We also had a few parcels scatered on the Wiliamson River and the old Potaoe Cellers just down the road from the Wilamson River Store. I remember Garandpa having a map with there land holdings painted on it at the time there was over 19000 acers in the ranch. We raised resgestered Hurfords and Angus, crops included alfalfa and potatoes in wich my faimly co-owned a produce company out of Portland there used to be a painted advertisement for that company in Eugene Oregon. My Great Grandfather passed and left it to his son my Granfather, he farmed and ranched with my Uncle Gerry Wolff. His two sisters also were involved with the book keeping and sales. My uncle and his wife managed to get control of the ranch after my grandfathers death. They destroyed the ranch in less than ten years by over spending and drugs. Unfortanatly two life times of hard work were lost. My Uncle commited suicide it has been questioned as to it being murder and seems more and more the case. As for my aunt she managed to loose the rest and only has a few acers left. It is a very tragic story, I remember cattle drives from the upper to lower ranch in the fall branding in the spring and my grandfather not letting me get out to help in the feed lot he was affraid I would get lost in the mud. I lot of fond memories for a life that few get to experience.
I have a lot of memories on that ranch too...Gerry was my grandpa also my name is Gerald I was named after him..I am trying to find history on it too as to what happen after uncle Davey did what he did...if you can I'd love to see the picture of the brand...i never really saw it...

Last edited by friendnw1; 03-01-2017 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Additional comment

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,857 times
I remeber fishing and all that on the ranch. Feeding the cattle with grandpa when I was younger

Old 03-02-2017, 11:45 AM

15,296 posts, read 14,706,525 times
Check the county web site. The surveyor may have maps and aerial photos online that give the names of the original donation land claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon