Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,921 times

Advertisements

I want to move to either, Coos Bay, North Bend, Coquille, or Myrtle Point. What is the law on how many pets you can have and what kinds inside the city limits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 PM

4 posts, read 15,732 times
You can have quite a few if you live in the county area outside of any of those areas. But if you desire to raise animals. Coquille or Myrtle are more rural farmer areas. With warmer, dryer, weather perfect for animals. I like Coquille because its virtually crime free.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,467,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi493 View Post
I want to move to either, Coos Bay, North Bend, Coquille, or Myrtle Point. What is the law on how many pets you can have and what kinds inside the city limits?
Which city? Each one has its own municipal code. And remember that a "pet" is an animal that lives inside your house. Animals that are accommodated in an outdoor habitat or accessory structure are generally considered "livestock" and may be regulated differently.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,596 times
Default Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi493 View Post
Only Cats and dogs and other house type pets. Not sure of the linits. I never heard there was one. I used to live there. No livestick on the city limits.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,392 times
Wasn't something just mentioned on the news this past week about a bill being presented for vote in Oregon to limit amount of dogs one can own to 25 to discourage puppy mills?

Old 02-28-2009, 11:37 AM

5,456 posts, read 8,171,711 times
Many people friendly communities require those who want to own too many dogs to get a kennel license. In Baker City it's 6 or more dogs. You can usually find this information on city Web sites.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,829 times
I too have been researching Coos Bay, North Bend Coquile,not sure Myrtle Point and Banndon. Looking to retire there in 3-4 years. Just not sure on which area yet. I appreciate all the information posted. Will probably have older grandkids with us and my son with special needs.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:53 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,435,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmesna View Post
I too have been researching Coos Bay, North Bend Coquile,not sure Myrtle Point and Banndon. Looking to retire there in 3-4 years. Just not sure on which area yet. I appreciate all the information posted. Will probably have older grandkids with us and my son with special needs.
All four towns are small and isolated. Kids are going to get bored, the economy sucks, jobs are nearly impossible to come by, which leads to a higher then usual drug use among teenagers.

They're all good places to visit with kids, but I wouldn't want to live there with them. Doubly so the special need kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon