Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 05:20 AM

26 posts, read 101,730 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in Eastern Oregon. Before moving to Florida my husband a native Californian and I lived in Newport. We enjoyed Newport alot and moved to Florida and have been here for 9 years. We are planning on relocating back to the West Coast this May.

At this current moment we are onsite managers at a beach resort on the Gulf of Mexico. I am the Front Office Manager and my husband is the Chief Engineer. We are basically are on call 24/7 for all staff at the resort, the beach bar and the restaurant. But, we are terribly home sick.

We would like to come home. We are tossing around a few different places of course the Oregon Coast as one and then secondly the Washington Coast. I have been reviewing the daily papers in both areas, and have seen some major differences. But to me there is nothing like a personal opinion good or bad.

So, as far cities on the Oregon Coast we are looking back into Newport or Lincoln City. We used to work at the Depot Bay Fish Company when living in Newport, that was a while a go of course. We both of course have experience in restaurants, hotels, retail shops. Realizing the economy is stinking just about everywhere one turns, how is it in Newport and Lincoln City. If you were chosing to move somewhere would you move there?

We have no children in school other then college so its just the two us now. We are easy going, don't need alot of things. Just looking for a nice place to come home to a job to pay the bills with a little left over and the fresh air of the Pacific. Not to much to ask is it?

Thank you to anyone who responds.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,024,755 times
The economy is suffering everywhere, but the Newport/Lincoln City area is still beautiful. Here's hoping you can find a good situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: