U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:32 PM

899 posts, read 2,696,804 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the beautifull state of Oregon
We live in Salem and totally enjoy everything about this state..
You can almost over dose on all the fruits and veggies in the summer..
Enjoy and safe travels coming to Coos Bay.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,560 times
Thanks for all of the advice!! We don't have any kids... just a 3mo old Weimariner puppy

Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 PM

2,096 posts, read 8,490,016 times
well hey, Im betting your puppy is gonna love our open beaches and the miles and miles and MILES of hiking trails!

Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,689,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Maybe probably, because we're all trying to ask in a very nice way. "What's 'Night Life'?!?"...lol. We are a very small close community area with always something to do it's just maybe not at night. Might take some adjusting. It's all about priorities. You'll love the Bay Area.
LOL, yes, I understood, even if people are "nice" by avoidance!. I lived on the coast for two years when I first moved to Oregon, and I still miss it. Given the opportunity, I'd be in Coos Bay in a hearbeat. The tradeoffs for allegedly spectacular nightlife are more than worth it ~

Thanks tiffela74! I knew you'd hit the ball out of the park.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 PM

6,061 posts, read 13,818,877 times
Hey there! Everyone here has offered up wonderful tips and advice to you already - I second their support! I'll just add that I am a Texas native, but absolutely LOVE Oregon and consider it my home now. We moved here in 2004. We moved away (to the Seattle area) for one year, and realized we had made a big mistake, so we came right back to Oregon and hope to never leave. The Oregon coast is amazing, and I think you're very lucky to have this opportunity to move to a beautiful place. If you like adventure, nature, the outdoors, good food, art, music, and super laid-back people and very down-to-earth culture... you'll be very happy here. Oregon is much different than Texas, but that's not a bad thing at all IMO. And as far as nursing jobs, I believe the health care industry is probably one of the better places to be currently. I am sure you guys will be fine. Good luck with everything and let us know how things turn out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon