Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 04:26 PM

52 posts, read 155,240 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm visiting Lincoln City at the end of the month, flying into Portland. My question is, what's the best way to get to Lincoln City. Bus services, train services, hotel shuttles?

I found a bus service online that will cost $39 each way. That's what I'll go with if I can't find anything else (but the times are kind of inconvenient for me). So if anyone has any experience doing this, and/or knows of a good solution, please let me know.

(I don't plan to rent a car, so that isn't really an option.)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 AM

27 posts, read 165,891 times
Since no one else has chimed in on this, I would say that other than the rental car that bus option may be your only option...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:21 AM

Hmm, OK, thanks.

I wonder how much a cab would cost, haha.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM

I'm curious, why not just rent the car?

To me, that is the only real alternative anyway?

Old 09-10-2008, 02:55 PM

I don't drive. At least not legally.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:58 PM

I thought that was the case...

That is about the most valid answer on anything I have heard all day.

So, before you plan on moving out here to the coast, work on getting that license.

Out here, you "won't leave home without it!"

Now back to your problem, how about finding someone in the Portland forum that is planning a trip to the coast? Just a thought...

Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,793,294 times
Bus. Yeah. That's pretty much it besides a rideshare. Try posting and searching on craigslist and see if you get any hits.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
So, before you plan on moving out here to the coast, work on getting that license.

Out here, you "won't leave home without it!"
Eh. Why do you say that? I'm planning on moving to Lincoln City, and it seems like most of the apartments I'm seeing aren't far from any essentials, like grocery etc.

Isn't it kind of common to bike around on the coast?

Quote:
Now back to your problem, how about finding someone in the Portland forum that is planning a trip to the coast? Just a thought...
I could try that. I'm kind of anal with wanting things planned out... which is pretty much the opposite of the way I approach life in general... when I'm planning a trip or something I kind of want to know exactly what's going on. So while this (or the craigslist idea) is certainly an option, I tend to like to have things locked down and not have to rely on the timing and word of people who I'd have no real recourse against if they didn't show (if that makes sense).

Thanks for all the help. For now I'll probably just plan to cough up the money for the bus; or maybe look into sharing a ride or whatever.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 28,243 times
Default Caravan

I have used Caravan a couple times. They are reliable and cheap. You just have to plan your trips to correspond with theirs. There is a $2 gas surplus charge now. But it's definitely worth it

Old 04-16-2009, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 15,045 times
I've heard of Valley Retreiver from Newport any word on them? and what is the bus from Neskowin? I know you'd have to get to those two places, but does anyone know about those options?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon