Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowHorse View Post
Thanks for the tips StealthRabbit. Hubby works for Schneider which is also based out of Troutdale, and yes, he is OTR.
Actually, we were also looking into Goldendale, but it seems there isn't many rentals (if any). My uncle used to have a place out there and I used to love to visit that area. Thanks for the leads on the other WA towns, I'm not familure enough with Washington to even know where to start looking for horse friendly areas.

We tend to be more on the conservative side in our values, but are very self sustainability minded and very interested in organic/environmentally friendly farming. We are all very outdoor types, never to be found strolling malls or outlet centers, lol. We are very big on fishing, camping, hiking, horseback riding/trail riding, just to name a few.

LOL, I never swam in swimming pools until I moved down to California. We would just go to the river
I have always found it funny that Californians always say the swimming pools are cold, while I grew up swimming in the icy rivers of Oregon . I never think the swimming pools are cold enough, lol.

...................i Love the Oregon waterways.

it's frenly country folks heer but farther then 2 hours...................................... .........

Best O Luck on yer choice Sis....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Madras. Rural, horses, within 2.5 hours of Troutdale.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 AM

260 posts, read 656,566 times
pw72, how's the wind out there in Madras/North central Oregon? Does it regularly get over 20mph?

I grew up west of the Cascades and we only ventured to the east side just a handfull of times so I'm not too familure with the weather on that side of the range. We don't mind snow, we lived a couple years in the Tehachapi mountains, but I have become weary of the wind living in the Mojave desert .

Old 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM

260 posts, read 656,566 times
I think I found an answer to the wind question Weather Station History : Weather Underground.

The wind seems fine out in north central Oregon, not like here in the Mojave desert as it regularly gets over 20 mph and often 40-50 mph (yuck) or even 70-80 mph at times .

The graph shows it staying under 25 mph at the Terrebonne weather station, not bad at all

Old 05-21-2009, 08:34 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Yes, I don't think the wind is any worse in this area than other areas east of the Cascades. If it is, not by much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon