U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 PM

1,869 posts, read 3,991,023 times

Advertisements

If anyone is interested, the 1929 Shipwreck Sujameco is now exposed at low tide on Horsfall Beach, North Bend/Coos Bay and which is about 2 miles north up the beach from the New Carissa that went aground. See both ships and make it a day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 AM

1,845 posts, read 6,567,558 times
I mean to get back to this subject the day it was posted but things were busy that day. I didn't know about this.

Now we have 2 shipwrecks about 2 miles apart. Hmmm.... maybe they'll find another one to make it 3. They could name the area shipwreck beach. I can see the tourists waiting to get in line. We are already known for having pirates so why not shipwrecks?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:59 AM

610 posts, read 3,173,290 times
I like a good shipwreck now and then. Haven't dove one in eons.
So, I haven't made my way down the coast very far yet - but hope to do so in summer probably.'
Are these shipwrecks worth seeing? Are they old ships, wood ships or just rusted-cars on the beach?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 AM

1,869 posts, read 3,991,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnr View Post
Are these shipwrecks worth seeing? Are they old ships, wood ships or just rusted-cars on the beach?
lol, yeah, giant rusty cans on the beach but still fun to see. They each have their own little interesting stories that you can do a search and read on the net. This particular ship, Sujameco, went aground back in 1929 and the hull only surfaces for a few weeks each early Spring at low tide so it's kind of a hurry up to see thing. As for the New Carissa, well, it's always sticking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>