U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,310 times

Advertisements

Hello--

I have signed a rental agreement for an apartment I was interested in. I have provided all necessary info. and the management company is verifying my information (working on approval my app).

I've always been concerned the unit it too small and throughout the process have been getting bad vibes from the property manager--rude, doesn't seem to be thorough. Upon doing more research I've seen some not so good things about the management company. . I realize it's more likely that someone post a negative review instead of a positive one.

My application has not yet been accepted. I have not been approved or given them a security deposit or first month's rent.

Am I still bound by this agreement?? I'd like to continue looking for the right place.

Moderator Insert: Do not use specific company or personal names. That type of discussion can result in defamation issues and is therefore not permitted.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 06-10-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:16 AM

10,936 posts, read 19,114,860 times
Simply go to the same office you filed the application with and give them written notice that you are withdrawing your application. Perhaps the notice should include that the reason for withdrawal was their lack of timely response. Unless you really want the unit don't go for the song and dance that it was just approved. Tell them you have already decided to look elsewhere.

My theory is that the application phase (be it for an apartment or a job) is akin to a romance. Once you have a committment your treatment will not improve.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
>