Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times

Advertisements

actually, you refer to me when you use the phrase, native Oregonian. thats refering to me, my family, and many of my friends. Of course Im going to be insulted.
Backing someones statements/opinions/outlooks up doesnt mean Im attacking you. I happen to think that OregonBeachLover has some very good points and I agree with her. Ive agreed with many people on this board. How is being in agreement and posting back something postive to someone attacking you? I just asked you to clarify yourself. For some reason, that made you extremely defensive.
\YOU might want to re-read some of my posts BTW. I have said that Oregon is not for everyone. That its not anything like SoCal and if you dearly love SoCal and all it offers, you'll be disappointed in Oregon.
And for most people, I am friendly, welcoming, and happy. For a few certain souls, obviously not. Theres always going to be some people determined to take only the negative and hate me no matter what I say/do.
Its fine to share your experiences and how much you hate about Oregon and all the horrible time youve endured here. Obviously, this is an open forum for anyone to share and not everyone will agree. My problem with what youve posted is when you lump people together with your Native Oregonian term, your personal attacks, and your exaggerations. No, we dont want people to move here and be miserable, full of hate and anger. Thats why theres tempering of both sides. But what about all the people who will read your posts and think that Oregon is full of awful people and is such a miserable place? When they may have well be fully suited to life here? Obviously theres many many people who do love it here. Oregon is constantly growing and the majority whom Ive spoken with are thrilled with their choice to move here. Theres always two sides.
Anyhow, for me, Im going to continue as i have been. Im going to share the beauty of where I live with whoever wants to hear it. (or see it via the pics i post) I'll keep telling those who are interested in moving here the Pros AND the cons of Oregon. I'll keep my hand out for whoever might need it, and defend both Oregon, and those who DO choose to live here.
long enough...
Tiffany

Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM

10 posts, read 63,554 times
M,

I see what you did there.

-TM, a Native Oregonian (notice my lack of quotes).

Old 08-26-2008, 12:13 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMcCall View Post
M,

I see what you did there.

-TM, a Native Oregonian (notice my lack of quotes).
Lol, I saw the poster name and expected the post to be: "Welcome to Oregon. Please don't stay."

Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 PM

378 posts, read 1,570,513 times
Merkin, I did reread your posts and I did respond to you in an adult manner. I can't speak for anyone else, but you have been very condescending and rude in your posts directed at me.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:43 PM

13 posts, read 35,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonbeachlover View Post
Merkin, I did reread your posts and I did respond to you in an adult manner. I can't speak for anyone else, but you have been very condescending and rude in your posts directed at me.
I apologized.

What would appease the two of you?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM

10 posts, read 63,554 times
Oh Merkin, you would make the father of Oregon proud.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:32 AM

1,845 posts, read 6,855,329 times
I'm going to suggest that we go back to main topic here which is moving from Southern California to Oregon. It would be a bit of a change for someone. It's not so crowded here and the weather is different.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 AM

13 posts, read 35,537 times
Yes, lets get back to the topic of Moving from Southern California to Oregon.

If you are considering such a change, I have advocated that you really do your research first. Do not just allow yourself to be blinded by only one side. Pull your information from many resources. There are many great places out there that do not have such biased eyes-in-the-sky that will allow full opinions to be expressed and thus help you can make a more educated decision; which is what we should all be wanting (social responsibility). Do not believe all the hype of it being only beautiful (which it is) or all the stereotypes(which they are). I think one thing to remember is that Oregon has many different climates and hopefully you can choose the right one.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:36 AM

7 posts, read 28,287 times
Cool why so many ppl angry?

There is good and bad in all places, there is nice ppl, ppl you think are nice and stab u in the back when you least expect it. Not every place in California is over run, and that is the same for Oregon. There is nice places in every state. There is traffic in california and there is traffic in Oregon. There is cities and there are farms and so forth in both states. I just don't know why this forum has become a battle ground. I thought this site was to help ppl out with questions and so forth. California has good and bad drivers, ppl that follow the speed limits and yes ppl that speed, but so does Oregon. PPl that tailgate and so forth. Why are ppl so irate and quick to judge. There are ppl that move from state to state to country to country, good ppl bad ppl, ppl that move and bring their ghetto lifestyle with them, ppl that bring good things, but what really is good or bad. You may think some drugs are good, and I may think all drugs are bad. You may not see what all the hype about driving fast and tailgating is and I may see that as being rude. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and belief systems that they may feel is right, but to another is wrong. You have your opinion and I have mine, niether is right nor wrong. We are all humans and we need to try to respect others. Respect other ppls lifestyles, and if you are around certain ppl need try to put yourself in their shoes and vise versa. All this bickering is uncalled for it is like oh my neighbor blew leaves on my lawn, so I had the right to slash his tires, just pety. This is how wars get started, and before long no one knows why they are fighting, just know they hate each other. You are black I am white so I hate you, you have another religion than mine so I'm going to kill you. What is this instinct in humans to do this that is what I want to know? We have been doing this for thousands of years. Rather it be you stole my land and or you wore the wrong color. COme on ppl. Act higher than yourself.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:38 PM

5 posts, read 13,964 times
Just do not leave your untinted widowed car off the 199 in plain sight, the crack heads will break the window to steal your jacket and car manual...the window will cost more than the jacket. Lotta theft...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon