Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:10 PM

378 posts, read 1,570,287 times

Advertisements

The weather forecast was for rain the entire weekend, and so that was what we were anticipating. Just for everyone's info, this is typical: We had sun all day yesterday, it stormed all night with winds....more storming all morning...the sun came out, brilliantly, a few sprinkles, now more brilliant sun. So, anyone who had looked at the forecast would've seen the weekend only rain", but since things change so fast at the coast, you really never know, so that makes it exciting to actually live here. I loved this weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:41 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,854,248 times
Just a little while before dark today we got some more rain. I was glad to get some rain here at the coast. Now I don't need to water the plants and lawn for a while. Yes the sun was bright today andit was warm outside too.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:46 PM

899 posts, read 2,942,216 times
We have such a good rain all weekend in the valley..Really freshened things up .Felt sorry for people going to fair but that is life here in Oregon..My lawn already looks greener..

Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
agree-the on and off rain was nice. Refreshing. My lawn is smiling.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 PM

Yes, it was nice to not have to water. Today was beautiful again. A perfect day for picking berries and beach walks without a jacket. I think the sunset will be gorgeous too.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:00 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,146 times
Yes, I loved it too. I couldn't decide which was prettier, the wave action or the clouds above.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times
i agree, my FIL came for the weekend, he was flabbergasted when he got here, the kids chalk drawings on our front stoop were still here from about 2mnths ago at his last visit. But go figure, the Sunday afternoon, after late breakfast and just lounging around, we decided to go down to the beach and what happens, the skies opened up! lol so, we waited awhile, then it cleared up, and back to the beach we went. It was really funny, a lot of the people made me think of those little sandpipers, the rain would come, and they would scurry off, fast as could be, then as soon as it stopped, here they come again, starts to sprinkle, and off they scurry, then back again with the sun. lol
Beautiful again all day today. And yea, we were way thankful for the free watering from Above. we needed it BAD! (not to mention it gave the kiddos a clean slate in front again. lol )

Old 09-12-2009, 04:54 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I've been in NYC for 5 days and it's not stopped raining.............I can't wait to get back to Portland next week!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times
after work today, i packed the kiddos up, and we went down to the beach for a few hours. shorts and tshirts, bare feet in the water, it was a beautiful time! I so love living at the beach. Ran into some people here that were from out of state, had a really neat conversation with them. They kept going on and on about how much they were in awe of this area, and how totally different it was then they had expected. It was funny, the lady says she didnt even pack any short sleeves because she was told it would be rainy and cloudy here the whole time, she had already made a trip to the local Pennys for some shirts to get her through the rest of the week. Was really fun talking to them and hearing how amazed and impressed they are with our Oregon coast.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 AM

I am always amazed at other's perceptions of our coastal weather! This morning it is kind of overcast with a chance of showers this am, although not cold, and I still have some windows open. I am so HOPING that we get some showers!! I don't want to have to water, which I have had to for many months now. I know that the overcast skies will change, with more sunny days the rest of the week. Yes, I got too hot on the beach yesterday too! I can never find the words which capture how much I LOVE living here on the Oregon coast! My husband feels "it" too. Last night, after he got home from work, I found him on the deck, just looking at the ocean, and he said "I can't believe how blessed we are"...He's been saying this for over 7 years now...My life's motto is that "I would rather live in a little house by the ocean than a mansion anywhere else". After all the time I've been reading posts on this forum, I now know you either "get it", or you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: