U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 01:33 PM

12 posts, read 21,284 times

Advertisements

Hope I'll be relocating from MI soon, in an interview process w/Bay Area Hospital. I've browsed tons of posts about Coos Bay, finding a much higher percentage of enthusiasts than not. Read everything from #1 discussion topic (Weather) to descriptions of community life. I'll be logging on frequently to pick your brains as this is THE most informational source I've found. And, I just love reading Tiffany's posts and invited her to accept a friend invitation. I'm thinkin' not much can beat the long winters in MI except maybe Minnesota or Alaska....he he....Vicky
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 08:36 PM

2,092 posts, read 8,646,275 times
Hi Vicky.
Im glad to hear you enjoy my posts, and I accepted your friends request. Id be more than happy to be of any help I can with your questions about Coos Bay.
And good luck with your job interview!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:38 PM

8 posts, read 23,842 times
I work (RN) at Bay Area and I hope you talk to a number of the RN's there before you make the decision to work there, you may want their input.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:38 PM

5 posts, read 7,187 times
Hi Everyone,
My husband and I just returned from a visit to Oregon and absolutely fell in love with Coos Bay. We are looking to relocate in about 7 yrs and were looking at places that we might like. Although we are both native Californians (Please don't hold that against us! LOL) we have been living in Amarillo, Texas for many years, and I miss trees and the ocean..... the Gulf of Mexico is not the same! Everyone we met in Coos Bay was very nice, and though I know that there isn't a whole lot of nightlife, I am getting to the point that I would rather be around nice people and have beautiful scenery. Besides, if I really want to rev up and have a great time, I could always drive up to Lincoln City to the outlet malls. Here, I have to drive to either Dallas (7 hrs away) or El Paso (8 hrs away) to do that. I have to admit that I don't understand those who move to Coos Bay, stay there, and then complain on these boards. If they don't like it, why don't they do something about it and move? Anyways, I wanted to thank you all who live in the Coos Bay area and post to the boards. Im hoping to visit again in July and hopefully we will find some lab to buy and eventually build on.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:48 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,078,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali8973 View Post
Hi Everyone,
My husband and I just returned from a visit to Oregon and absolutely fell in love with Coos Bay. We are looking to relocate in about 7 yrs and were looking at places that we might like. Although we are both native Californians (Please don't hold that against us! LOL) we have been living in Amarillo, Texas for many years, and I miss trees and the ocean..... the Gulf of Mexico is not the same! Everyone we met in Coos Bay was very nice, and though I know that there isn't a whole lot of nightlife, I am getting to the point that I would rather be around nice people and have beautiful scenery. Besides, if I really want to rev up and have a great time, I could always drive up to Lincoln City to the outlet malls. Here, I have to drive to either Dallas (7 hrs away) or El Paso (8 hrs away) to do that. I have to admit that I don't understand those who move to Coos Bay, stay there, and then complain on these boards. If they don't like it, why don't they do something about it and move? Anyways, I wanted to thank you all who live in the Coos Bay area and post to the boards. Im hoping to visit again in July and hopefully we will find some "lab" to buy and eventually build on.

I am. I love Coos Bay. When the wife retires we are keeping a home here and one in Arizona (Pierce Sunsites). She is a life long resident.

There are a lot of LAB's and some may be for sale, but we are doing our best to shut them down. (Yes I know it was a typo but I couldn't resist)

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 03-30-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM

Apparently some didn’t get the joke. “LAB”, Meth Lab, We have plenty of meth labs and some may be for sale. Get it?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 PM

Talking Oops! LOL

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't find my way back to the thread so my reply is "better late than never". Well my husband and I did go back to visit the Coos Bay/North Bend area last Summer (2010) and bought three acres of land up above East Bay Road. We have a view of the bay and your beautiful bridge. Honestly, I just felt like I could really breathe up there.... no stress and no worries. We made friends with our realtor and hubby, and came back this past March to visit and met some more super nice residents. We are still in love with the area and the people. There really is quite a bit to do, especially all the cool little out of the way places to visit, as well as the local community college. Although my hubby and I still have 6 more years left before we can retire and move, we definitely have something to look forward to. I truly believe that Coos Bay/North Bend is a "diamond in the rough" and one of the best kept secrets for places to live. We are already counting down to our next trip over July 4th, 2012

Old 07-17-2011, 01:48 PM

It is nice, but why buy up on the windy side? I love Coos Bay, but we retired to Dallas Oregon. The politics of the bay area are just too corrupt.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Default Windy Side of Coos Bay?

I currently live in Amarillo, TX where the wind blows constantly. After 20+ years here, the wind where we bought our land seems like just a breeze. The major advantage, at least for us, is that we have a gorgeous, unobstructed bay and bridge view, with just a bit of the ocean on the horizon. In addition, there is more sun on our side, which is pretty important for me.

Best of luck in your retirement. Just 6 years and 1 month left for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon