Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2006, 10:51 AM

393 posts, read 1,880,523 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I made a call thru my company and they have an opening in Medford and want to hire me as soon as possible. I have only done research on the Eugene/Salem/Portland area, and not much on the Medford area. Now, I am completely in the dark! Or will I be? LOL. My company only has sites in the Medford, Roseburg, Salem, and Portland area, but the Medford site is ready to hire me. I know employment is hard to come by so I thought I would jump on this opportunity even though it isn't even near Eugene. Once I move there, I can always look around.

I don't know how much I would be starting at, at this point and time, I haven't been out that way since the 80's. I am pretty sure it will be close to $10 an hour, just curious if I can live on that out there? and if anyone could tell me where I could find housing.

Also, what is the area like? Is it mostly retirees? I am almost 50 and single, but not dead!!! My favorite activity is road bicycling, in town and out in the country, since I haven't researched the area much at all, can I get some facts, and maybe some insight of the area? is the area grid like, and have rivers thru it? is it flat, or hilly?

Is it clean? Is it a nice place to live? Is the weather semi-good? not expecting utopia.......LOL.

Any help would be wonderful.........Thanks!

K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2006, 06:14 PM

17 posts, read 29,616 times
Medford is a busy small city. Lots of USFS land around, and lots of places to go mountain biking and hiking and camping. The people are generally fair minded, but the locals have become aggressive towards out of town folks. Not your fault, instead all the Californians came up there and made a mess of Oregon.

It's mostly a valley area, with some hills. Road bicycling is good there, lots of county roads you'll enjoy.

The pay is not good. Last time I was there rentals were expensive. And $10 isn't much.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 PM

393 posts, read 1,880,523 times
No, it isn't much at all, I was wondering if I could make it anywhere in OR on that...... Like I said I can try Roseburg, McMinnville, or Salem area. But, could I make it on $10/hour there, if I had no other bills? Not sure! But those places would be an alternative to Medford, I would have to call them also.

Anyone know if I could make it alone on that? in Roseburg, McMinneville, or Salem? Those are the only areas my facility is located besides Medford in the southern western part. And I know Salem, and McMinneville, isn't exactly southern anymore.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:02 PM

17 posts, read 29,616 times
Sure, yiou can make it there. If all else fails, check out the local job market and find a better paying job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon