Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 8,194 times

Advertisements

I have posted on here before with the details of our situation. Thank you for the responses. Some where good some were not but all where honest. However, I need to clarify some things. We are looking for a smaller town simple life. We do not expect to much and love the Idea of surrounding mountains. Plenty of snow in the winter and wildlife. As I like to hunt and fish. We are looking at Lakeview,OR pretty hard and have checked out the chamber of commerce website. If anyone in the Lake County area or Lakeview its self reads this. Any information would be great. We are not looking to change your way of life but to embrace yours. If you need more background on us check out my origanal thread
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 08:42 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,185,071 times
Looking at your previous posts, I see you mention you're not afraid of rain...don't know if that means you prefer rainy places or can stand them, but just to make sure...Lakeview is really, really NOT rainy...it gets 14-15 inches of rain a year--that's it.

You also said you're looking for plenty of snow...Lakeview isn't really that, either because it is so dry. The following link is a monthly summary or average of Lakeview weather since 1887--shows average highs and lows, precip, snowfall and snow depth. The deepest average snow depth is 4 inches. It will snow there, no doubt, but you don't generally get big accumulations of it.

Lakeview is relatively high elevation at about 4800 feet...

Personally, I like Lakeview, been treated well when I came in (I was a high school ball coach, and coached against them...haven't always been treated well at every place! But Lakeview always did.) It's isolated, again I like that..gorgeous country.

But you really need to know...the towns very small (about 2500--big by eastern Oregon standards, but still small) and jobs are just about non-existant.

I sincerely wish you the best finding something there.

(Thanks for you service.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon