Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,870 times

Advertisements

I am going to be going up there very soon to verify that everything is current and my plan is to get everything going this fall, including prep for the pre-fab (checking on septic, getting approvals, well, etc.), and then to, hopefully be able to put a house on my property in January. If the timing is off, I'll still move up there, but will plan to rent someplace until I can get the house put on the property (I hope this doesn't happen, but it is a sort of Plan B).

I am open to hearing anything any of you think I need to know.

By the way, though they won't be coming down (from another state north) till the Spring...I'm moving onto my property with 3 Paso Fino horses. Anything I should know about that?

Thanks to all of you for responding so quickly...I really appreciate it!

Teddy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Well and septic need to be put in before winter, time to start really moving forward. Plan on the ground freezing in mid-late November, most likely. You can certainly plan on living in a 5th wheel or the like, BUT you may not be able to get the trailer out to a dump station easily in various parts of the winter, depending on road conditions, etc.

Is the perc test current and on file with the Klamath Count Onsite (the local "arm" of the Oregon DEQ)? Otherwise it may have to be done again. Our septic was around $12,000 (7 years ago) for the entire deal, and we have a simple system - although there is a fairly long piping run from the tank to the leach field. The neighbor, on more of a hill, has a sand filter and a bunch of pumps and his ran almost double that (but his house is more than twice as big as ours and systems are sized by number of potential occupants).
To answer your question, I don't know how current the perc test is (I honestly don't know how long they are good for)...will be checking that out very shortly. I am hoping to be able to get all the ground work done before the freeze...part of my plan and timing. My lot is very sloped, but because of the deer overlay situation, I'll be putting my house within the first 100 ft of the road and that area, while sloped, is not as severe as the back part of the land. Fencing for my horses will be in front of the house, barn to the side of the house (small-ish barn, only 3 horses). When I was looking at the property, Dan Smith came out to walk through the whole thing with me and helped me understand what I'd need to do to place a home where I both want to and have to because of the deer overlay, so I think I have a handle on that.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Teddy

Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrannie View Post
Dear moov'n2klamath,
Please don't be put off by the answers you are receiving. We are not a bunch of non-internet hicks here. Your new neighbors are real people and you will be welcomed to this friendly community no matter how you spell Klamath Falls! Your well probably will NOT cost you $50K. We went 500 ft. just down the road from you and it cost us about $12K for an 8" well which is larger than required for a residence. We got 800 GPM - worth every dime of the cost! The topography changes around here, though. You don't know what you're going to get until you've got it! Call Roger Chancellor Drilling & Pump. He's an honest guy with the most reasonable prices; he won't rape you because you're from out of state; he will show up on time with good equipment and reliable workers; he provides good service if there are any future issues; and he's plumb nice, to boot! If you need more references for OTHER good guys in this area, for whatever you need ... please call or write offline to me. My husband is a contractor so we know who's good and who's NOT. We'll be happy to give you names of reliable, honest people who will treat you with kindness and respect. ALSO, my husband said to let you know that up to 3 households can share a domestic well, presuming the well produces at least 5 GPM per household. You may have a neighbor willing to share their well for a price that could be substantially less than the cost of drilling a new well. Something to consider .... Anyway - WELCOME to BONANZA. If you're going to learn to spell anything, learn to spell BONANZA. You won't be living in Klamath Falls, so who cares how you spell it or whether you can type, and who cares what these grumps have to say! Stop in and visit us at Rock Bottom Ranch. We'll pop a top, give you an inspiring tour, and extend an old-fashioned, neighborly "welcome" to the community! annie
Annie,
Are you still in the area? I'd like to get your take on some of these issues in current times (2013) as I am definitely planning on moving to my property in the Klamath Falls Forest Estates very soon! You sounded positive and like you were there to stay so I'm hoping you can add some insight!!!!

Thanks,
Teddy

Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Howdy Teddy

I'm not positive but Annie from this Rock Bottom Ranch website could be rbrannie who posted in this forum... About Us ...........Home

You can probably find someone in your area, who owns a Cat/Trackhoe that can develop a flat homesite pad for you on your land.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,331,906 times
Winter is not the time to build there. Also on the 5th Wheel advice which does not apply to you, most of these lots do not allow RV' living.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:42 PM
T9D

6 posts, read 9,597 times
Have fry do your well. He's way cheaper than anybody around. And he lives right there in the area close.

http://www.fryindustries.com/

He's a bit of a country person though. Takes his good ole time to get to you. Then one day he just shows up and gets it all done. His prices are great though.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:33 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,331,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T9D View Post
Have fry do your well. He's way cheaper than anybody around. And he lives right there in the area close.

Welcome to Fry Industries Inc, providing well drilling services in Sprague River, Oregon.

He's a bit of a country person though. Takes his good ole time to get to you. Then one day he just shows up and gets it all done. His prices are great though.
What do you consider great?

Old 01-10-2014, 12:24 PM

5 posts, read 12,198 times
Thumbs up Thank You...Annie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrannie View Post
Dear moov'n2klamath,
Please don't be put off by the answers you are receiving. We are not a bunch of non-internet hicks here. Your new neighbors are real people and you will be welcomed to this friendly community no matter how you spell Klamath Falls! Your well probably will NOT cost you $50K. We went 500 ft. just down the road from you and it cost us about $12K for an 8" well which is larger than required for a residence. We got 800 GPM - worth every dime of the cost! The topography changes around here, though. You don't know what you're going to get until you've got it! Call Roger Chancellor Drilling & Pump. He's an honest guy with the most reasonable prices; he won't rape you because you're from out of state; he will show up on time with good equipment and reliable workers; he provides good service if there are any future issues; and he's plumb nice, to boot! If you need more references for OTHER good guys in this area, for whatever you need ... please call or write offline to me. My husband is a contractor so we know who's good and who's NOT. We'll be happy to give you names of reliable, honest people who will treat you with kindness and respect. ALSO, my husband said to let you know that up to 3 households can share a domestic well, presuming the well produces at least 5 GPM per household. You may have a neighbor willing to share their well for a price that could be substantially less than the cost of drilling a new well. Something to consider .... Anyway - WELCOME to BONANZA. If you're going to learn to spell anything, learn to spell BONANZA. You won't be living in Klamath Falls, so who cares how you spell it or whether you can type, and who cares what these grumps have to say! Stop in and visit us at Rock Bottom Ranch. We'll pop a top, give you an inspiring tour, and extend an old-fashioned, neighborly "welcome" to the community! annie
Annie,
Hi... I'm Trisha! I, too, am moving to your neck of the woods and want to meet you!
God knows, you sound like a real sweetheart!
I just bought 5+ acres in Klamath Falls Forest Estates near Bonanza. It is stunningly beautiful and I will need a trustworthy contractor to help - from septic to well... and with assembling a manufactured home on my property. I would like to also meet with your husband to see if he might like to help with this project.
I bought the land by seeing photos, calling the planning office, etc
I have not yet even visited.
I live on the Los Angeles/Orange County border now due to working in television and husband in Govt work. We have 2 boys... One is 12 and the other is almost 17. We hate city life... and are truly looking forward to moving to the forest! Heavenly, in opinion.
of course, when I get up there... planning office first
Then a septic... then the rest.
Once our home is all finished, you'll be invited to a 5 star dinner with all the trimmings!
I grew up in the rural suburbs of Philadephia... and in Philadelphia too. I miss the stillness of the nights, clean air and seeing the stars!
Anyway... you can call me if you like at 5622432197 with regards to your husband's schedule and ideas on costs and how we might cut some off here or there.
We're only rich in the Holy Spirit! But... As husband is soon to retire Andy wanting to raise my kids in a better place with nicer people... honey, you posted the nicest thing I've seen written in this post and that's why I felt like writing to you, first.
God bless you and yours and I pray you will Calle or write back soon.
warmly,
Patricia Homan Davila

Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up Hi new neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrfamily View Post
We just bought 7 1/2 ac in the K.F. Forest Estate. its so beautiful up there. Hope we dont have to spend $60,000 for a well. *If they dont find water do you still have to pay the contracts?*
Hi!
We just purchased in KF Forest Estates plot 6!
If you're a nearby neighbor, maybe we could share a well?
same goes for anyone on either of the 3 sides of us, if they're on this post! 5 & 7 border us on the sides and we front *** road. There is also a property behind us but I don't know the plat number yet!
In any case, I hope we can all become good friends. I'm so excited!
Talk soon!
Trisha

Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Thumbs up Hi new neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardaurel2 View Post
wanting to find our neighbors on all sides for sharing cost of well power fencing cavebayman@aol.com. we are moving to Klamath Falls forest estates off ofRuffled Grouse rd
We are moving to a nearby road but not close enough to share but Nearby...
Be nice to get to know all of you, though!

Trisha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon