Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 04:02 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,186,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodan653 View Post
There is is this rush to judgement that happens now by many, many people that if anyone says anything pertaining to race than it must be racist. It's ridiculous.
You mean it's not!? But, but, how can this be?

(I was agreeing with you!)

But, then back to the original intent of the thread, yes, there are active gangs in Oregon. I was surprised at the level of gang activity in a couple of areas of little, rural, empty eastern Oregon when I first moved into the area in '92. It took a number of years before the community kind of got out of denial about it and began to be a little more proactive about it.

And, no, no one was confusing anyone of any racial group refusing to assimilate with a gang...unless their original native culture involved tagging, drug running and manufacturing, assault, battery, intimidation, etc....and if it did, it's still a gang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 06:31 AM

857 posts, read 1,732,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
But, then back to the original intent of the thread, yes, there are active gangs in Oregon. I was surprised at the level of gang activity in a couple of areas of little, rural, empty eastern Oregon when I first moved into the area in '92. It took a number of years before the community kind of got out of denial about it and began to be a little more proactive about it.
Do you think that the gangs are a result of unemployment in small town Oregon (such as Eugene, Medford, Klamath Falls, etc.)?

Do you think that this unemployment is a result of the Democrat party, and their excessive restrictions in Oregon over rural economic activities, such as mining, fishing, timber, and agriculture?

It's amazing and very sad to me how Eugene is in decline, there is no reason for Eugene to go downhill given the large amount of timber in Oregon. Similar scenario with gangs, drugs, etc. in Eugene's sister city of Flagstaff, AZ. You see this sort of thing everywhere due to the Democrat party environmentalists.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:23 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,186,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCVDUR View Post
Do you think that the gangs are a result of unemployment in small town Oregon (such as Eugene, Medford, Klamath Falls, etc.)?

Do you think that this unemployment is a result of the Democrat party, and their excessive restrictions in Oregon over rural economic activities, such as mining, fishing, timber, and agriculture?

It's amazing and very sad to me how Eugene is in decline, there is no reason for Eugene to go downhill given the large amount of timber in Oregon. Similar scenario with gangs, drugs, etc. in Eugene's sister city of Flagstaff, AZ. You see this sort of thing everywhere due to the Democrat party environmentalists.
Well, the places you cite in Oregon as "small town Oregon" are some of the biggest places Oregon has to offer.

I can only speak to what I know about in Eastern Oregon...in those cases at that time...and, really? Political parties? No, it had nothing to do with unemployment nor the democrats, or the republicans or independents or any political party whatsoever, nor have a I found gang activity anywhere relatable to any particular party.

The couple of gangs that got going were created by some thugs moving into the area to specifically crank up some of their operations there. Also, at that time, unemployment was nearly nil, as that area and it's economy was expanding rapidly--Hermiston area--and the area was growing rapidly. Many of the kids (they targeted primarily junior high kids--that surprises many people, but they have found that kids at that age are most receptive) belonged to families that had moved into the area for the available work.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 PM

23 posts, read 136,470 times
I know this thread is old but a lot of what's been said here is factually incorrect. Nortenos do outnumber Surenos in Jackson County, but most of those Nortenos are wannabes. The only legitimately recognized gangs are both 13; Varrio flats dub and SSL. The norteno gangs are wannabes, and as such do not get the same recognition from law enforcement. Also, gang injunctions have been served on most of the surenos in medford, so you'll rarely ever see the surenos wearing gang attire or congregating at the rogue valley mall.

The OP also failed to mention South Valley Cartel and the black street gangs in Medford, which account for most of the gang activity in the area. SVC use hand signals that spell out S-V-C up high and then drop lower for a 5-4-1. They often wear long hanging web belts and favor the colors black, white and grey (very seldom they will wear blue too, but most do not want to be confused with surenos). SVC are active in the drug trade, and some members use rap music and production to bring in revenue for the gang. The SVC are well organized and almost entirely home grown, making them an authentic Jackson County gang (unlike 13 and 14 gangs which are off shoots from California). CPC, Central Point Playaz or sometimes spelled out as CPG, are not homegrown but do operate out of North Medford. They are active in the drug trade but rarely distribute narcotics. CPC/CPG have no dress code, but they strictly enforce that members must be black and must pledge allegiance to the pro black agenda. Although the gang uses a militant style of speech to distinguish themselves, crimes against non-blacks are relatively low, as blacks are a small minority in Jackson county and most of the gang's drug buyers are non-black.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 PM

731 posts, read 678,252 times
Quote:

Um..... CCCV, you do realize, don't you? That the decline of resource extraction industries you mentioned are not because of the Democrats. Do you remember the H.Ross Perot speech back when he ran for president? "You will hear a giant sucking sound". That is the sound of the jobs being sucked from America by the World Trade Agreement."

Now about the gangs and their attendant cockroaches in Oregon- why can't they all just get a life?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times
That particular poster is long gone - no idea if he/she left or was thrown out.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM

47 posts, read 89,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
My gang does most of its banging in Lake Oswego, Forest Grove, and Bethany when we are not just crusin tha aislez of Kitchen Kaboodle. West Side Crackaz 4 Life. They let me in because of my skillz with a bo staff.
Yeah, I used to bang pretty hard with the Van Buren Boys, mostly street fighter types, I was just lucky to get out alive. Then I joined the Jetts, but after my good buddy Riff got the old boostafazoo I decided to clean up my act.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,317 times
Default Uggh

Quote:
That's a horribly racist statement, and terribly inappropriate. Anyone reading this from out of state should NOT assume that Oregon is anti-Native American, because of this isolated post.
Uggh...Overly sensitive and comically misdirected...and typical liberal speak.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 4,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
My gang does most of its banging in Lake Oswego, Forest Grove, and Bethany when we are not just crusin tha aislez of Kitchen Kaboodle. West Side Crackaz 4 Life. They let me in because of my skillz with a bo staff.
I sincerely hope you are pranking everyone and are not serious. If you are serious it is quite ridiculous that you are even talking on this forum, BE GONE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2016, 04:34 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,617,885 times
I don't know what just happened, but it was hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon