Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:01 PM

117 posts, read 518,138 times

Advertisements

Just curious, what's split percentage wise between Ducks and Beavers fans in the state? (50/50, 70/30 for example) How is the Portland metro area split?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 11:12 AM

117 posts, read 518,138 times
Maybe I should have phrased my question: Are there any college sports fans in Oregon?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,032 times
Southern part of the State Ducks/North of Eugene, Beavers? I have no idea about percentage rates but where I am, it's Duck Country.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:14 PM

353 posts, read 934,234 times
If it is like most states, there will be more U of State fans. The State U, for some reason is less appreciated, unless it is the only one (LSU), or the only one with a large team (OhioSU, PennSU). Examples abound - GA, NC, OK, AR, Michigan, Ill, CO, VA, MS, etc.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:10 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,389,493 times
Portland I would say is 80/20 Ducks over Beavers-- at least.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:50 AM

59 posts, read 606,608 times
Default I would have to say its 50/50!

In the "Beaver State" you are either a Beaver or a (d)uck!
I would have to say it is more 50/50 especially in the shift of turning programs around. What I mean is back in the day Oregon State football was horrible and their basketball team was one of the best in the nation. Now the Beaver football program is on the rise and No Longer the laughing stock of the Pac-10! Now the (d)uck basketball program is on the rise when it used to be the laughing stock of the Pac-10! While the Beaver basketball program is the joke of the Pac-10 (it hurts to admit)! Beaver Baseball is making both Beaver & (d)uck fans proud though! Go Beavers in the CWS!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 PM

6 posts, read 25,112 times
I am a Duck (was a Beaver initially), and it's hard to tell the split. I would say there might be more Oregon fans, but not necessarily grads. I appreciate how in Oregon we always root for one another...it's always the Huskies we both hate!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:27 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
I kind of gave up on Oregon sprots when we got screwed a few years ago and had no chance to go to national champianship, and remained #2 while Nebraska and Ohio went at it. No way should Nebraska have been there, but Ducks got dumped on. I now live in Colorado now and have the luxury of 4 pro sports. I like college baseball because the best teams earns the championship by winning. Football fans, U of O and OSU forget about National champoinships in football, The Old boys club on the East coast are never going to let you have your championship. I Guarentee it, your never going to be able to kiss the chapionship in college as long as you live. You have a better chance of seeing the rain stop forever. No matter how good you get....forget about it. The butt kicking by the Beavs on National TV in the Fiesta Bowl of Notre Dame was the best your ever going to get to enjoy (boy that was great!!!!). So Go Baseball Beavs. Hey, you still have the Blazers, but Clydes not coming back, cliff Robinsons probably a grandfather now. Im not sure why ther are more Duck fans. Maybe becuase Most of us hung out in Eugene, as a right of passage, and sowed our wild oats there. Corvallis is a conserative farming community....not exactly the place I thought of when I was in highschool thinking of those hot college chicks. Sorry, its just a reality. Eugene associated with excitement, the Ducks represent Eugene. Corvalis is conservative, Conservative means to restrict behavior and maintain family values. What college kid wants a restrictive college life? So thats my opinion. Sorry to blab so long.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,313 times
Default Go Beavs!

I agree that there are probably more OSU graduates than UO grads... what does that tell you? UO seems to have the reputation of being the party school -- always has been, and I think it still is, although OSU does have its share.

I think you'll find the OSU alums more predominately in the rural areas -- and lots of them. When you move to the bigger urban areas, unfortunately, there are more ducks. Draw your own conclusions. This is shared by a Beaver in a Duck town!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:22 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,187 times
me too Happy....my 5yr old and I are diehard Beavers in a very very ducky town...even the local Walmart sells Duck stuff, but no Beavers!! Go figure. She wanted to be a Beaver Cheerleader for Halloween,but I was afraid she'd be egged. lol j/k.
I love RugByDucks comment....so true!! Beavers vs Ducks may be huge, but when it comes down to it, we're ALL against the huskies! Anyone really, if the ducks are playing outta state, you betch yer butt we're rooting GO DUCKS!!! but especially against them ole dogs....lol
Tiffany
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon