U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM

741 posts, read 3,409,762 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on Tanner Crossing in Orlando. And the schools attached to it.. Elementary and Middle.. Is this a good area?

Thank You
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 PM

Zip code for this area is 32826. If that can help.

Schools are East Lake Elementary and Corner Lake Middle

Anyone??? Borders Orange County and Seminole County. Thats all the info I have. Anyone know this area?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,172,484 times
I live in the area. The high school is East River High which is a nice brand new high school that opened this past school year (2009-2010). I didn't go there cause it didn't have a senior class for its first year, but from what I hear from my friends who are a junior its a good school. Corner Lake and East Lake are also good schools. Anything else you want to know?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Thanks,

Is It a safe area? And is there Shopping nearby?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM

Yes it is a safe area. Of course no where is 100% safe, but its not a dangerous area.

You have the Waterford lakes town center that is about 5 mins to the south, go here: Waterford Lakes Town Center Directory of Mall Stores | Orlando, FL 32828 to see the list of stores and restaurants in the shopping center, there are also many more shops and restaurants surrounding the actual waterford lakes town center in other areas like "waterford towers" and up and down alafaya trl (the road its on).

And you have endless amounts of malls shopping, dinning, and entertainment within 15-30 mins

Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM

22 posts, read 35,449 times
Hi,

I live in Tanner Crossings.. The most dangerous thing around here are the UCF students at night driving drunk. This community is literally 3 minutes from the 3rd largest college enrollment in the nation (there's...50,000+ of us now?) roaming the streets. Orlando's drinking stops at 2:00 a.m. so on fridays and saturdays the roads are dangerous all early evening/all night.

The new elementary/middle schools are very nice, and the school bus takes them the whole 3 blocks to the subdivision if they live in this community. lol.

Other than that, it's pretty tame here...my house value has dropped horribly in the last 4 years though , but that's everywhere in Florida.

I'm possibly having to move to Tallahassee myself in the next couple of years and i'm not looking forward to that as its no man's land up there.. I need to know I'm close enough to a metro.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 PM

Thanks. I guess we will be neighbors this July.. Thanks for the links to the shopping GLS2010. My daughter will be extremely happy that the school is only 3 blocks away...really? Poor kid has to get up every morning at 5:15 am just to go to 7th grade and sit on the bus for an hour and 15 minutes...uggh.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
Thanks. I guess we will be neighbors this July.. Thanks for the links to the shopping GLS2010. My daughter will be extremely happy that the school is only 3 blocks away...really? Poor kid has to get up every morning at 5:15 am just to go to 7th grade and sit on the bus for an hour and 15 minutes...uggh.
The elementary school is 3 blocks away. The middle school and high school (across the street from each other) are about 5-10 mins away. The bus ride will vary depending on what stop they are.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:44 AM

22 posts, read 35,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
There's also a lot of kids in Tanner crossings it seems. There's a big group I see getting off the bus every day. the younger group, and then later the older middle and high school groups. I'm sure you'll like it here. If I didn't hate florida's climate I'd want to stay here permanently. Alas, I much prefer the west coast and up in new york, boston etc.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanntis View Post
There's also a lot of kids in Tanner crossings it seems. There's a big group I see getting off the bus every day. the younger group, and then later the older middle and high school groups. I'm sure you'll like it here. If I didn't hate florida's climate I'd want to stay here permanently. Alas, I much prefer the west coast and up in new york, boston etc.
Im born and raised in NJ. Exit 120, and Exit 88.. Its funny when people know your from Jersey they always ask What Exit.

We gave NC 3 yrs. I did give it a good try. But this, in my opinion, is like living in Snoresville. I'm not bashing, I'm just sayin..We have no family in NC, but we do have family in FL and of course NJ. When they offered my husband a transfer I said "Take it". I hope I like it here. I know theres more to do in Florida then there is in NC.

Speaking of the groups getting off the bus, I don't really know how to word this, I'll put it this way, The high school here in NC is refered to as "Murder High" lots of gangs that go to the highschool that have been killing there classmates after school. Big Riots at the school. Everytime I drive by theres Sheriffs officers and the town police there breaking something up and hauling people off to jail.

This is the main reason I sold my house and told my husband to take that transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando