Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 PM

45 posts, read 248,043 times

Advertisements

Well after much apartment searching I've decided on Millenia West. I looked at over 20 places and based on what I saw and price this was what I considered best bet. Office staff here seemed really fantastic and apparently it's all under pretty new management now. I got a good vibe from the place, so I hope everything works out alright.

It's near OBT and I can tell the whole area around it isn't fantastic by any means, but it seems alright. I really don't want to pay the $300-400 extra per month to be over on the east side, but maybe I'm downplaying safety too much.

I'll let you guys know how it goes =) I'm excited to move in. I'll be down in a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 01:28 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,860 times
Default I feel BAD for you....

This apt complex is the absolutel pits!!

See what RESIDENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT:

Resident #1:

this was a nice place to live when the old manager was here (sonia). Now is terrible, we have drugs, gangs, vandalism, prostitutes, and the people in the office do not care!!! even one of the teenagers that use drugs and vandalized the place is related to one of the leasing girls in the office. he use to live here and move out but is always here using drugs and with very bad company. Do not waste you time is not what you see in the pictures. The neigborhood is terrible, shuting, police and helocopter all over the place constantly. Look somewhere else. A lot of people alredy move out and are not renewing leases. It does not matter how much they fix the place. is not going to last.

Opinion of Millenia West posted 10/17/2006: Terrible place to live It's like the getho!!!

Resident #2:

I lived at Millenia West for a year...when I first moved in Sonia was the leasing manager.....the place was great...always had everything fixed when our fridge decided to stop working we got a new one and a new dishwasher put in too! Then Sonia left when they changed the management and it all went down hill...that lady Jennifer did nothing all day. She sat around in her office or went to lunch for hours, you couldnt see her face to save ur life...needless to say im lucky that jennifer was fired becuz apparently they lost my eviction papers some where along the way *knock on wood*...now they have a new manager and the place looks really nice on the outside but i think they need to remodel the inside next...

Opinion of Millenia West posted 5/1/2007: Horrible...

In sum.... you will be living in gangland.... you better have a gun and PRAY you won't be killed there.

Oh an idea is to call the Orlando Police DEpt (non emergency # is (407) 246-2470) and the Orange County Sherrif to find out how bad the apts are....... if I am not mistaken, they have had some doors kicked down in that area.... you better find out before your life in in danger.

I hate to bring the bad news, but this apt complex is in a very rough area.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 AM

631 posts, read 2,452,919 times
The above poster seems to exaggerate a lot of the time and thinks the sky is always falling ..BUT.. This instance I do have to agree. I hope your experience is nice and you are totally safe, but it's an area that has a pretty exterior and an ugly interior.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:18 PM

28 posts, read 300,915 times
I have to agree with Nirvana-Guy (and I normally think he is too harsh), even though the Mall is very upscale and the commercial areas around it are good, the residencial areas especially to the east of the mall are really bad, especially between John Young and OBT. This is also the area that girl, sorry don't remember her name disappeared a few years ago and was never found, there are still posters on her posted in the area.

If cost is that important, I would suggest a smaller place in a better area. The links that Nirvana-Guy posted tell the story. This would only look good compared to Pinehills

Old 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM

165 posts, read 657,364 times
I feel the same way as the other posters .

Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 PM

11 posts, read 42,465 times
Default Millenia West Apts 32839

Well, I am surprised. I have been thinking about Millenia West apartments also. I haven't actually seen them yet...just looked online. But, my son lives in NorthBridge apartments and it seems nice there. Is there that much difference in the two places? What do the rest of you think about NorthBridge?

Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 PM

45 posts, read 248,043 times
Well interesting change of plans. Some stuff happened back home and after not feeling good about moving to the Orlando area in general I'm not moving after all. I thank you guys for all your help and advice.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:56 AM

33 posts, read 92,240 times
Millenia West is in a really bad area. I have no experience about North Bridge and can't speak to it personally, but I can say that it is in a much better location. If you are looking to life near Millenia, the closer you are to Conroy/Millenia Blvd intersection, the better. As you get near OBT, it gets rough and fast. You shouldnt go down Conroy past John Young.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:08 PM

706 posts, read 1,309,517 times
ha ha..this is a funny post. I used to live in Park Central and people here make it sound like this place is in gang central. I am from Baltimore, even the worst parts of Orlando look nice to me. I guess it is all relative.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:47 AM

17 posts, read 56,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxel View Post
Moderator cut: abandoned post[/url]
I lived there for three years. It's not as God-awful as some would have you think. Amenities are nice, apartments are nice. There is, however, an element of undesirables that continues to populate the place because they accept section 8. It used to burn my arse something fierce that I was paying $1269/mo for an apartment and the morons above me who didn't work and stayed up all night having karaoke parties and keeping me awake were paying a fraction of that for the same place. Somehow they were able to party until 5 AM every night, not work, and afford the same place I worked my butt off to pay for. Not to mention the thumping bass tubes rolling through the development at 3 AM. Do yourself a favor and don't move to this area. I got the hell out and moved to Hunter's Creek, where I pay $300/mo less for the same size place and it's a great neighborhood.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 11-11-2010 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: abandoned post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: