Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 12:45 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times

Advertisements

It would be called Innovation, FL

Part Of East Orange County Could Become New City - News Story - WFTV Orlando

I think this is a great idea. Orange county government is way too large and covers too many communities too far apart . It seems like the orange county government caters to southwest Orange county (hunters creek/Dr. Phillips, I-drive) more than east orange county. East orange county already has its own chamber of commerce. This area of unicorprated land has grown tremendously the past 2 decades and doesn't really have its own identiy like other areas of the metro. We need more local control in this area, like most other areas in the metro have, esp because this area might see a boom again and gain a lot more people when innvation way and the medical city get going, plus UCF keeps growing by the semester.

Last edited by GLS2010; 06-24-2010 at 12:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
It's an interesting idea, but the name "innovation" is too cheesy.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:48 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
It's an interesting idea, but the name "innovation" is too cheesy.

ummm Celebration, harmony ... may i have some crackers with that cheese :-)

Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 PM

They want to name it that because of the whole medical city/innovation way/UCF concept. But I agree its kind of tacky sounding for a city name.. I remember back in 2004 they were talking about this but wanted to call it Waterford Lakes, FL. Which I think sounds better, and there is already a waterford lakes town center so it would make more sense.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,021 times
Judging by the comments maybe they should call it mini-Pine Hills. It's funny how this little town works, first crime skyrocketed in MetroWest, then it spread to UCF, Waterford Lakes area, now when tacky Innovation gets going, come the cookie cutters, and more crime. God I love this place. Or better yet, mini Poinciana, yeah that sounds better.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Judging by the comments maybe they should call it mini-Pine Hills. It's funny how this little town works, first crime skyrocketed in MetroWest, then it spread to UCF, Waterford Lakes area, now when tacky Innovation gets going, come the cookie cutters, and more crime. God I love this place. Or better yet, mini Poinciana, yeah that sounds better.
Read the article before you post ignorant rants man. They aren't trying to build a new city. They want to incorporate a section of unicorporated East Orange county so they can use the existing tax base and apply it to the best interest of the area not the whole county. This plan isn't to build some low income housing development. If any growth does occur within the area in the future it would most likely be due to the lake nona medical city, which will bring high income jobs to the area. Areas east of the 417 aren't nearly as crime ridden as areas like Pine Hills. Its not some perfectly safe friendly small town either, It would be a city of 186,000 people. Poinciana and Pine Hills aren't even cities, they're both census-designated places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando