Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the impact of the recent development with the Miami Heat?
The Heat are now the top team in Florida, the East, and possibly the Leauge. 14 53.85%
The Magic still have Dwight Howard and The Amway Center, we'll be fine and are still contenders. 4 15.38%
Miami & Orlando will have to duke it out and the results remain to be seen. 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:05 PM

92 posts, read 227,539 times

Advertisements

welp there goes barns to the lakers, BUT there is talks that cp3 (chris paul) has orlando on his short list of teams he's willing to be traded too, as much as I love nelson and his game CP3 is a star they can't pass up on imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 05:17 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,949,187 times
Chris Paul and Howard would make a great pairing and a wonderful excuse to jettison useless Carter, injury-prone Nelson, and the minute hungry Gortat.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 AM

69 posts, read 189,846 times
I think the NBA should give every team the same salary cap and you cannot go over it and a fairly low one. come on 99 million for 5yrs and you can afford to pay 3 guys that . . It would be like college you win with good coaching and players desire to win . But like you said its a business. Nba was happier when it was la vs boston opposed to Orlando . Just like how they love the yankee redsox rivalry.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:52 PM

Revived my thread to say that I think we have our answer, The Heat are a force to be reckoned with and will only get better.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Well first of all I have a issue with certain words in the title of this thread! Specifically " the Magic being Florida's premier NBA team" ! Since when have they been Florida's premiere NBA team????
That honor goes to the Heat who have actually won a championship! Oh and sorry for that blowout spanking the Heat & the 3 Kings of Miami gave to the Magic last night! (96-70)

Old 10-30-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Well first of all I have a issue with certain words in the title of this thread! Specifically " the Magic being Florida's premier NBA team" ! Since when have they been Florida's premiere NBA team????
That honor goes to the Heat who have actually won a championship! Oh and sorry for that blowout spanking the Heat & the 3 Kings of Miami gave to the Magic last night! (96-70)
The Magic reaching the Finals 2 years ago and the ECF the past 2 years has certainly been far more significant than the Miami Heat. Of course signing LeBron and Bosh could change that. As of now though, it's the Magic who have the recent proven track record. Again that all could change .

Old 10-30-2010, 04:38 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,824 times
Once Miami starts in rhythm they'll be the dominant team in the east

Old 10-31-2010, 05:39 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Orlando has no shot of making the Finals without a major trade for Melo or Chris Paul. This is clearly the same team that got blown out of the playoffs against the Celtics last year with no sign of improvement whatsoever. They are still taking bad shots, not taking it inside enough, and terrible at passing. There are no good point guards on this team that I can see except Jason Williams, who is old now. Nelson is just a shooter playing PG because he is short and can handle the ball well. We now have better rebounding with Bass playing more, but dear lord our shooters are not consistent...just not good enough against great defenses like the Heat and Celtics. No, we need a guy that can collapse defenses like Melo or Paul. Not guys that just jack up 3s and when they are hot we blow teams out.

For the past three years, the Magic have easily been the premier team in Florida...there is no questioning that. The Heat had their time in the limelight, but once you start losing it's what have you done for me lately. Now they are back on top. They probably will be for a long time.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Orlando has no shot of making the Finals without a major trade for Melo or Chris Paul. This is clearly the same team that got blown out of the playoffs against the Celtics last year with no sign of improvement whatsoever.
That is so true Pete, that I thought Otis would have done it by now, guess he's waiting to see what would be the best trade possible that we'd have room for. I do have to disagree about the no improvement part, Dwight Howard is the sole improvement as seen in the diversification of his offensive game. Our number one priority as a team this year and next should no longer be "the Finals" or a "winning a 'ship", but rather building for the long term and showing Howard that we are going to surround him with at least another star or two like the Heat did with Wade.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
That is so true Pete, that I thought Otis would have done it by now, guess he's waiting to see what would be the best trade possible that we'd have room for. I do have to disagree about the no improvement part, Dwight Howard is the sole improvement as seen in the diversification of his offensive game. Our number one priority as a team this year and next should no longer be "the Finals" or a "winning a 'ship", but rather building for the long term and showing Howard that we are going to surround him with at least another star or two like the Heat did with Wade.
This is true. In fact, while I was originally writing my post I had in there "with the lone exception of D12's jump shot" but I removed it since he had disappeared in the second half of the Heat game. He still has foul issues...if he isn't on the court none of it matters. However, technically you are right his offensive game appears to have a few new tricks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando