Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 AM

4 posts, read 7,942 times

Advertisements

I will be attending Rollins for grad school and just made an offer on a house around Indiana Ave. Is this a decent area (low crime)??? Please let me know as soon as possible as we are suppose to send in applications tomorrow for the house. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM

Anyone??

Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM

13 posts, read 21,421 times
we are thinking of moving to somewhere close to orlando mabye winter park area we want affordable apts good area my husband is in the computer field so how are jobs and such we are planning to move around may of 2011 can anyone help we have tons of questions

Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny1215 View Post
Anyone??
I used to drive through that neighborhood every week in middle school when I went to a youth group at that church just to the east of it. It didn't seem bad, but looking at it on street view now it looks a bit run down. But I never hear of any problems over there. It should be fine.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbridgette View Post
we are thinking of moving to somewhere close to orlando mabye winter park area we want affordable apts good area my husband is in the computer field so how are jobs and such we are planning to move around may of 2011 can anyone help we have tons of questions
Post a new thread with more details of what your looking for

Old 07-24-2010, 12:32 PM

30 posts, read 94,632 times
Winter park is beautiful, and desirable, and safe. Many people would like to live there but can't, this is kind of a good thing that not everyone CAN live there.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Its in a poorer and generally speaking older part of Winter Park, but safe. Its poor because its old and many people are living off of retirement in that area. That Calvary Assembly of God Church has some old age home associated with it (or close it to if they're independent of each other). Its also very close to the Hospital which is another reason older people might want to live in that area.

It is safe though and the homes are probably decently priced because they're all fairly old. I'd either look for a home that says its been recently renovated or go in expecting it to need a bit of work here and there. Its same quality as College Park though as far as homes go and I imagine cheaper prices. Great location for a Rollins student.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
That is area is not so bad. I drive through sometimes but never at night. There are some apartments over by St. Margaret Mary Church ( Park Ave) that seem nice. I think they start at 800 dollars but a very good location for safety and walking distance to that college. Winter Park library is very close to that area too. One nice thing about Orlando/Orange country library system is they will deliver books to your home for free (well, the taxpayer picks up the cost). You have to take them back, but it is a nice feature if you read alot. The bus system here seems to be "hit or miss" with the people that ride it. The job market here is depressed like most of America. Have you thought/considered Houston?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 AM

The house we are looking at is brand new actually...Heres a link http://www.weichert.com/31325956/ the neighbors houses are brand new too. The only old ones are across the street..I just wanted to make sure it is not a high crime area...The house is in the middle of the street which is good and it is also towards the back of the lot, since it has a long driveway which is also good I think....Please keep sharing your advice and thoughts on this area. It helps a lot.

Last edited by nyny1215; 07-25-2010 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: bad link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: