Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Ive been out here in Las Vegas for two months and I miss a lot of things about Orlando

I miss Lake Eola
- Downtown Orlando in general (Vegas doesnt have a real downtown)
- toll roads (not for the tolls themselves but how they are maintained so much better then the freeways in Las Vegas)
- how green it is. I love the desert but a little greenery is nice
- I-4 (no construction like on the freeways here)
- being an hour away from the beach (5 hour drive to LA )
- I also miss my friends, family, and a few of my coworkers
- Five Guys, they don't have them here in Vegas
- More shopping catered towards locals, all the shopping in Vegas is on the strip. I miss Waterford Lakes Town Center and The Loop in particular
- All the houses may still be cookie cutter, but at least they are not all the same color like here
- Publix, they had some awesome stuff
- All the cool people here in the Orlando forum

Just letting you know I miss you guys and I miss Orlando

Somethings Las Vegas does have that Orlando should or would be nice if it had
- Being surrounded by mountains on all side of the city
- Much more "Grown up" fun. I dont mean strip clubs, but not all kid oriented like Orlando is
- A lot less traffic (though the drivers here are crazier then OTown)
- No tolls on the freeways
- A 24 hour bus system
- Grocery stores being open 24 hours, not just Wal Mart
- A far greater variety of radio stations
- In N Out Burger
- A mountain an hour away where you can go snow skiing in the winter time
- 60% of the homes are less then 10 years old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 PM

157 posts, read 332,434 times
Hey buddy, I'm moving back at end of August, maybe you can join me & my buddy and tag along the ride back home

I guess the question you really have to ask yourself is that do you miss it enough for you to move back? I know I do! My 2 yrs in SF definitely make me miss what I left behind in Orlando much more Orlando is not perfect but I know what to expect, besides the girls are way hotter & nicer there than in snobby SF.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
Well I hope you're still liking it out in Vegas, Davie! I know how it is though- I waited my whole life to move to New York and when I finally did last year I suddenly remembered all the things that make Orlando great.

Posting in this forum helps if you get homesick though- it's what I did during the school year.. makes you feel a little more connected to home

Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
At least you have an excuse to visit Orlando often since your family is here. Hope your enjoying your time in Vegas though, its a cool place

Old 07-26-2010, 02:05 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,282 times
Are you going to stick it out there or come back to your friends and family?

Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
I love Vegas and Orlando. They are cool cities to compare because they have a lot in common but they also have a lot of differences.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:20 PM

157 posts, read 332,434 times
Wooo, just saw the In & Out burger thing you listed, dude that is probably the best fast food place I ever been to, in fact I don't think it should be counted as fast food I hope the sunrail thing gets passed in Orlando, and please Trader Joe's open one up in Orlando!!! But otherwise, Publix subs, here I come

Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 PM

331 posts, read 1,051,957 times
Davie, many of the reasons I do not want to leave Orlando you listed. I love downtown, I would miss my friends and family, too much to even think about, Publix too, and going to Magic games, and Disney, Universal etc... It's people like you who give me the courage to eventually leave the place I do love in search for a better opportunity. I do hope you are enjoying your time in Vegas, I visited a few years ago and can't wait to get the opportunity to go back for vacation.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 PM

200 posts, read 538,226 times
-checks IKEA locations list- *gasp* There's no IKEA in Nevada!!! Add that and Gatorland to your miss list.

Now that you're in the sin city, I guess you don't miss Holy Land? LOL

I think the city is a bit too green sometimes and Five Guys isn't that great. Jack in the Box, now that I miss.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:10 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehB33nz View Post
Davie, many of the reasons I do not want to leave Orlando you listed. I love downtown, I would miss my friends and family, too much to even think about, Publix too, and going to Magic games, and Disney, Universal etc... It's people like you who give me the courage to eventually leave the place I do love in search for a better opportunity. I do hope you are enjoying your time in Vegas, I visited a few years ago and can't wait to get the opportunity to go back for vacation.
I am enjoying my time in Las Vegas, and am actually happier here in Vegas then I ever was in Orlando. I miss Downtown and Lake Eola the most though, along with my family and my small handful of friends

and B33nz, go on Expedia, travel deals to Las Vegas are SUPER CHEAP, one of the best vacation bargains in the country, please come spend you money here. Vegas depends on tourism a LOT more than Orlando does. Orlando gets 48 million visitors a year, Vegas gets 36 Million, but a lot more money is probably spent here in LV because of the gambling and the constant conventions

I miss the I-Drive traffic if you believe it or not. Its NOT EVEN CLOSE to how congested the Strip gets on any given night. Ill take getting stuck at I-Drive and Sand Lake Road over getting stuck in front of Caesars Palace any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: