Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 AM

31 posts, read 73,383 times

Advertisements

IM living in south califonia with my family "{{wife and 2 daughter 7 yr and 3yrs}}"
im planing a tranfer from my work here in california to orlando
im from puerto rico but move to california for this job oportunity 2 half yrs ago... but i dont like here
first i prefer rain and huracans insted of silent earthquake .. aprox 300 daily here in cali.. im from puerto rico so i know diff now bettween earthquakes and huracain..prefer huracains trust meeee
another thing is that i dont have family or friend here and beside im 10 hrs by plane from puerto rico to visit my family

so im working on my tranfer on my work from here to orlando

the work its located AT Southport Drive Orlando, FL
I THINK THATS MEADOW WOODS I THINK NOT 100% SURE

i just looking for a nice place to live there i mean around that place and good elemtary school i read lot of hispanic people so no problem with that

any advice thanks appreciate your info and my family too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
I just returned from California about a week ago, Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley to be exact. Im living in Las Vegas now, but I also lived in Orlando on and off from 1995-2010

I used to live in Meadow Woods for a brief period. I liked living there. Southport Drive is off of Orange Ave and Tradeport, which is just north of Meadow Woods

There is a great subdivision called Wetherbee Estates. The homes are pretty new and very affordable. They were built by Maronda Homes. This was where I lived in Meadow Woods. I only left because I didnt own a car at the time and needed to be close to my job in Hunters Creek

Meadow Woods is home to Florida's largest Puerto Rican community, I have quite a few friends who live there or lived there before, who are Puerto Rican or Latino. I am white but I loved the people in the Meadow Woods area and loved the area in general

The crime is not as bad as people will make it out to be. Meadow Woods is a very diverse community of both people and the housing developments themselves. The oldest homes were built in the late 1970s and early 1980s, while some other developments are BRAND NEW, and not even built out yet.

I would also like to recommend Southchase, which IMO is nicer than (and adjacent) to Meadow Woods, particularly the Downs and the Arlington Park subdivisions west of the FL Turnpike off Wetherbee. The train tracks are close by so you may hear lots of trains but I never had problems sleeping at night because of it

Hunter's Creek and Buenaventura Lakes are also good options. Along with Ginger Mill, Pepper Mill, Sky Lake South, Whisper Lakes, and Deerfield. 32824, 32837, and 34743 may be the zips you want to look at. South Orlando IMO is the best part of Orlando. Its convenient to the airport, the theme parks, the 417, the 528, the FL Mall, the Loop, and countless other shopping and dining.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM

thanks for the replay

i just searching before make the next step

i think i move to orlando next yr between march and april so i needto read more

i just want to rent a house from 850 to 1000 rent not too far from the work area.. i want to know a good site to look for house for rent in the area too too see the houses

just need like 2bed 1 bath house at least.. i hate california and earthquakes ..i prefer the hurracaina i know what they are i live my life in puerto rico so nothing new for me

so let see

i read about hunter creek boggy creak bunea ventura lake and meadow woods and the one you said southchase

let see i got like 8 month to make the decision and search for the new place to live

so more replays from you guys living in the areas be good for me better save than sorry

ps any site to search for house for rent to look thanks

Old 09-05-2010, 08:18 PM

174 posts, read 454,877 times
If you have kids going to school you want to live in Hunters Creek. The other areas have really low rated schools, especially Meadow Woods.

Stay away from Ginger Mill & Pepper Mill, they have a very high crime rate and a lot of sex offenders live in those areas.

Check out http://www.schooldigger.com and http://www.floridaoffenderalert.com/ for the school and sex offender info.

Good luck!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoTroi View Post
If you have kids going to school you want to live in Hunters Creek. The other areas have really low rated schools, especially Meadow Woods.

Stay away from Ginger Mill & Pepper Mill, they have a very high crime rate and a lot of sex offenders live in those areas.

Check out http://www.schooldigger.com and http://www.floridaoffenderalert.com/ for the school and sex offender info.

Good luck!
thankds to take time and answer ,

yes i got 2 kids 7 and 3 yrs beside you know good site or where can i see houses for rent
i want a house not apartments

Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM

5 posts, read 17,150 times
We are planning to relocate to Orlando and have few options to buy a house
Adover Cay 32825
Hunters Creek Settlers Landing 32837
Falcon Trace
Huntcliff Park/Wyndham Lakes 32837
Meadows Creek 32837
Bella Vida 32828

What do you think is the best option?

Thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 PM

chicorudo, I don't know of any sites, but you could just google and see what you come up with. You could go to that site I posted and it will tell you what's for rent & sale around the schools.

cbarreca, The only 2 I would recommend (esp if you have kids) are Hunters Creek Settlers Landing 32837
Falcon Trace.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Ginger Mill, Pepper Mill,.
These 2 areas have the highest number of sex offenders living in them in this general area. I would not live there for free. You def want to stay away if you have kids.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 4,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicorudo View Post
IM living in south califonia with my family "{{wife and 2 daughter 7 yr and 3yrs}}"
im planing a tranfer from my work here in california to orlando
im from puerto rico but move to california for this job oportunity 2 half yrs ago... but i dont like here
first i prefer rain and huracans insted of silent earthquake .. aprox 300 daily here in cali.. im from puerto rico so i know diff now bettween earthquakes and huracain..prefer huracains trust meeee
another thing is that i dont have family or friend here and beside im 10 hrs by plane from puerto rico to visit my family

so im working on my tranfer on my work from here to orlando

the work its located AT Southport Drive Orlando, FL
I THINK THATS MEADOW WOODS I THINK NOT 100% SURE

i just looking for a nice place to live there i mean around that place and good elemtary school i read lot of hispanic people so no problem with that

any advice thanks appreciate your info and my family too
================================================== =========================

Hi -definitely do not move to Meadow Woods area, Southchase, Pine Hills, Conway area, Azalea Park or Kissimmee or St. Cloud. The best place is Hunter's Creek. Very nice mixture of ppl & Spanish families, beautiful homes (affordable), beautiful landscaping. Besides homes, HC also has condos & apts. Hunter's Creek has 36 subdivisions. SCHOOLS -are 5 stars-elementary school & middle school. One of the best schools in Orange county. Excellent for your children. I know your wife will love HC. Go on-line to Hunter's Creek Community Association - 407-251-1599, address: 14101 Town Loop Blvd, Orl, FL 32837-6185. Hunter's Creek maintains several departments that includes communications, management, & accounting & finance. The organization also operates law enforcement, recreational & special events & grounds, maintenance & irrigation divisions. Turkey Trot, Hunter's Creep Nights & annual day celebrations. In addition, the organization offers opportunities to volunteer various recreational events. HC has neighborhood watch, pet registry, & many other residential information. All of the families are professional ppl. Their Hunter's Creek Golf Club is a big attractions there & very well known. Here is a real estate person I can recommend living on the premises in the Timucua Village subdivision. Rose Secretran -407-240-4546, or my best friend Connie Kiewel @ 407-856-1349, (she works in the HC elementary school). I use to live in the Timucua Village & had to move to NY because of personal reasons, but I wished I had never left. I am returning in about 1 yr. If you would like to ask more ques or if I can be of any help to you, you can always reach me at 718-730-0207 or my cell #718-715-2593. Just one more thing, there are a lot of pros & cons about HC, mostly ppl not liking Spanish ppl, but trust me, all of the families are well educated ppl, or they would not be living in Hunter's Creek. Wish you & your family the best of luck.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,839 times
My mother lives in gingermill there are no sex offenders I am from ardsley new York were I grow up my whole life and also lived in old bridge new jersey A rated school and community is what I look for when moving and i moved to the Kissimmee hunters creek area in 2011 and Kissimmee is horrible school wise the only part of Kissimmee I would ever pick to live would be celebration, fl which is far better the hunters creek and is very community based. As far as hunters creek i live here now and although very nice i do not think that the middle school has as much academic programs as freedom middle school that is why I choose freedom middle school over hunters creek middle school but to much has changed John young elementary freedom middle and freedom high received in the last three years A rated school rating according to the ocps.net website so if planning to move to the Orlando area do look on that website because it is better then the other websites people go to to find out about school ratings. if you want to worry about sex offenders there is an app on your phone or computer that you can download I have the life 360 app amazing and alerts you when one does move within a mile from your address. There are none in peppermill or gibgermill or in the whispers lakes area either but there are in hunters creek, south chase and meadow woods also you can not avoid them but you can learn all the I formation you need about them so you can keep a look out. The best area in central Florida would be Seminole county but to avoid those types of offenders is hard because they all move out of the state they are in straight to florida. It sucks but you can take the necessary measures to protectyour children . I have two boys of my own so I understand. And sometimes you need to make a move before listening to others opinions because everyones experience is very different. Good luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando