Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Then it was a f*cked up joke...people come on here looking for advice to help them make decisions...these decisions impact their life and possibly now safety...maybe you need some new jokes.
Yes, because people should make decisions that impact their life and possibly now their safety based on what a few anonymous internet people tell them is right for them, right?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I agree. I haven't had the best employment experience here, which may make me just have to move on to another place later on.
I'm just the opposite. I've been here over five years, worked one job for over three years until the company was sold and I was given the choice of a package or relo, I chose the package. Found a new job about six weeks later, just got a promotion to a senior management position, make very good money, and am in line to become a VP in another few years. There are plenty of good jobs here, if you have what it takes.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,349 times
Quote:
Yes, because people should make decisions that impact their life and possibly now their safety based on what a few anonymous internet people tell them is right for them, right?
It's called research...ever heard of that? I guess you've also never heard of trying to be a decent person and helping people.

Straight off of city-data.com's home page:

Quote:
If you ever need to research any city, zip code, or neighborhood for any reason, from considering a move there to just checking where somebody you know is staying, this is the site for you.
The forums are a part of this as well.

Maybe you should just quit while you're not ahead and find another forum.

P.S. Can't really say I sympathize with you on your original post...I guess the previous Karma post had it right...

Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
And another thing at those saying "Orlando is a big city now with big city problems"

Maybe... but successful big cities have a successful middle class, diverse industries, and uses for its people.

Orlando grew in size and population without the job growth that is needed to support it.
So all of the industry that supplies a large amount of jobs for people in my area (research park, lockeed martin, the quadrangle, etc..) is just an illusion? All the middle to upper class neighborhoods are an illusion too? You don't need a huge corporation in order to have a middle class. .

Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
It's called research...ever heard of that? I guess you've also never heard of trying to be a decent person and helping people.

Straight off of city-data.com's home page:

The forums are a part of this as well.

Maybe you should just quit while you're not ahead and find another forum.

P.S. Can't really say I sympathize with you on your original post...I guess the previous Karma post had it right...
It's called a joke...ever heard of that? You take this forum way too seriously. And fyi I'm 26 and make more $ in a month than you do in a year. I only say that cuz it's not cool that you believe it's karma that I got my car broken into.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:51 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
To people saying "If you don't like it than leave"

-No! This is my city. I hate that mentality. If you don't like someplace the answer is not to move - its to fix the place you're in. Do some charity work, start a small business, get into politics, advocate improvements. Leaving doesn't solve anything and is the reason Orlando has gotten the way it has. Instead of caring and cleaning up everyone just leaves.
I wish these folks who come to Orlando from other countries with empty pockets would heed that advice ...

Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm just the opposite. I've been here over five years, worked one job for over three years until the company was sold and I was given the choice of a package or relo, I chose the package. Found a new job about six weeks later, just got a promotion to a senior management position, make very good money, and am in line to become a VP in another few years. There are plenty of good jobs here, if you have what it takes.
I personally don't need any help, but I'm sure there are a lot of folks in Orlando who have "what it takes" ... why don't you direct some of them at these "good jobs" ? Or maybe your firm is hiring ?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,349 times
Quote:
It's called a joke...ever heard of that? You take this forum way too seriously.
Okay, then you're immature and your humor sucks.

Quote:
And fyi I'm 26 and make more $ in a month than you do in a year. I only say that cuz it's not cool that you believe it's karma that I got my car broken into.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that...most people that have to advertise their salary are either lying or trying to compensate for some short coming...but again...whatever helps you sleep better at night...

Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
This thread has run it's course and is no longer helpful to newcomers to this area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando