Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times

Advertisements

WOW! well I went to Universal's Harry Potter. very impressive. Dueling Dragons has a new facade, the train station. and there is a village and castle They really out did themselves.

The new ride is Spiderman on Steroids and actually moves people through quickly from starting the line to ending the ride.... 42 minutes The ride is about 4 minutes of that. 20 minutes is through the castle where you see Dumbledorfs office, the cloak of invisibility, and much more.

The Butter Beer is good. There are no sodas available in Hogwarts. juices, pumpkin juice, and such. The castle is true to the story with tons of details. You can easily see where $400,Million was spent.

Bravo to Universal this is well done. and will work for them. I was recently on a plane with some Brits coming to Orlando, they were going to Harry Potter, not Disney. Based on the park I'm thinking they weren't alone. This addition will be a dream for all the Potter fans of the world.

For the residents it is a great ad on for our seasons passports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 07:50 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
I finally went this past Friday...absolutely incredible. This ride has done what no other could do...surpass Spiderman. And after riding Spiderman again, it was evident that the ride has been trumped. The entire area, from Hogsmeade to the castle queue to the ride itself, Universal stepped up and delivered the best themed attraction I have ever seen, and I have see a lot of them around the world.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times
Are the crowds still outrageous?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 AM

At 7 PM on Friday when we were there I would call it packed but not outrageous. There were lines for every shop and the posted wait time for Forbidden Journey was 75 minutes. The line only took about an hour if that...it didn't stop moving. An hour wait in this line is nothing as the queue is amazing and very entertaining.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times
Can't wait until we're down there for good and can go whenever we want...

Old 08-18-2010, 06:19 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
The Brits love Universal,I go often to the parks and there are times in the year 70% of the people at Universal are British.Disney seems to get more variety.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM

189 posts, read 436,162 times
The british really do love universal!!

I work there, and there are certainly the largest international group visiting Universal. I guess they like the more laid back atmosphere of the resort

Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
I agree, anytime I go anywhere like Sea World, Disney, Universal or even stores or restaurants in the tourist area I see a lot of British people, they just love Orlando.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
I did notice a lot of Brits there the other day. glad to see them. The day i was there the crowds were good and lines were not bad at all. 38 mins for HP. and much less for every thing else. I arrived around 4 Im sure that had a lot to do with smaller lines.

It was a good time and the people all seemed to be enjoying themselves. the line to the wand shop was long. but otherwise it was all good.

The enchanted Oaks restaurant added fish and chips to their menu. They processed people quickly.

It is deff a must do for the travelers and natives alike.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I did notice a lot of Brits there the other day. glad to see them. The day i was there the crowds were good and lines were not bad at all. 38 mins for HP. and much less for every thing else. I arrived around 4 Im sure that had a lot to do with smaller lines.

It was a good time and the people all seemed to be enjoying themselves. the line to the wand shop was long. but otherwise it was all good.

The enchanted Oaks restaurant added fish and chips to their menu. They processed people quickly.

It is deff a must do for the travelers and natives alike.
You mean the Three Broomsticks? It really bears no resemblance to the incredibly themed Enchanted Oaks except for where the kitchen and bar are located. Same great chicken and corn on the cob meal though. It was previously my favorite theme park counter service restaurant, and I am happy to say that it still is. The fish and chips are good too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando